Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,745   Online: 915

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kodak ektalure advice,info.

Hello all,I just got out of my darkroom where I test printed some 8x10 and 11x14 ektalure paper.This stuff has been freezer kept for at least 10 years so I thought I'd test it out.The negative I printed from is sharp frrom corner to corner and front to back,but the print isn't-it's reasonably sharp in the centre and a touch fuzzy toward the corners.I then printed some ilford MG,new, and the print was as good as the negative.My question is this-Is ektalure supposed to look like this?I've been reading a little recently about Wolfgang Moersch and it seems as if this was one of his favourite papers for lith printing,I suppose the slight "fuzziness" would look alright lith printed and I'll try this over the weekend,any advice,suggestions,comments,thanks to all.

Sounds to me as though the paper is not sitting flat in your print easel. 10 years in the freezer might make it a bit curlier than the new MG. Ektalure is a bit thicker than MG, too, so that might exacerbate the curl.

Peter Gomena

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin