Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,759   Online: 992

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Storing toned and smelly prints togehter with untoned dito?

I have recently toned a batch of prints in Viradon. Despite a 30 min post-toning wash the dry prints now have a faint smell of sulphur. I have read other threads and understand that this is quite normal and that the smell should not have an impact on the archival properties of the prints. My concern is about storing these slightly smelly prints in the same box/portfolio as other, untoned, prints. Is this advisable or not?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It shouldn't be a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    It shouldn't be a problem.
    Ryuji:

Glad to see you back posting on APUG.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin