Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,077   Online: 1069

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Mirko just posted this over at his home forum:
    http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?...c=3045&p=16214

Lupus ships the last of the original (Agfa Leverkusen made) APX 100 and 400 today. Beginnig tomorrow they ship APX 100 NEW and APX 400 NEW. They have different development times.

Let the speculation begin who coated them.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Wow!

Translated:
    Tomorrow is the last original lupus Leverkusen APX 100 in the trade.

From 1 August, they then supply from the APX 100 and APX 400 NEW.

We have added the new prices today, but only in a few days to get the goods.

We had quite a few films from the pre-production testing. Here are the new development times:

APX 100 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +25: 5:30 minutes
    APX 100 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +50: 10:00 minutes

APX 400 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +25: 11:30 minutes
    APX 400 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +50: 21:00 minutes

APX 100 NEW in ATOMAL stock solution: 9:30 minutes
    APX 400 NEW in ATOMAL stock solution: 10:30 minutes

Best regards,

Mirko
    Andy

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Despite the name I don't expect the new films to have much in common with the APX we know.
    A quick glance at the massive development chart showed that only Rollei Retro 400S has a similar long dev time in Rodinal. This film is an Agfa surveillance film (Agfa AVIPHOT PAN 400S) with extended red sensitivity.
    Last edited by ath; 07-18-2013 at 09:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Any German folks able to help here? Google translate seems to be telling me that Lupus (who sells APX films) prices it soooooo cheap that no one will compete? Or better yet, Mirko, what are you saying?

AGFAPAN_APX_100.jpg 198.76 K downloaded: 3 times
    Tomorrow is the last original lupus Leverkusen APX 100 in the trade.
    From 1 August, they then supply the APX 100 and APX 400 from NEW.
    We have added the new prices today, but only in a few days to get the goods.
    We had quite a few films from the pre-production testing. Here are the new development times:
    APX 100 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +25: 5:30 minutes
    APX 100 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +50: 10:00 minutes

APX 400 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +25: 11:30 minutes
    APX 400 NEW in Adonal (Rodinal) 1 +50: 21:00 minutes

APX 100 NEW in ATOMAL stock solution: 9:30 minutes
    APX 400 NEW in ATOMAL stock solution: 10:30 minutes
    Best regards,
    Mirko

Achim B.
    Yesterday, 18:29
    Hi Mirko,
    If I understand correctly, there are grants 2 more weeks and then the original APX new, I mean 100 and 400 are new.
    And where are those? Is that your 400 project or the begischer come from Fuji or Ilford Kentmere or from aerial production? and it is also available as Rofilm?
    Greeting Achim

Mirko Boeddecker
    Yesterday, 21:26
    As long as there are real APX I do not know.
    We spent the last 1,000 times from our warehouse now raised the price. For years we had to sell this film due to the cut-throat competition far below the contribution margin. The few that are left may now roll out slowly but with profit. And if nobody buys that is good, then we have more sample material ;-)

I can not comment on the reasons behind the production of competitive material.
    We do not produce the film. We could never reproduce at the price.

Best regards,

Mirko

TiMo
    Today, 10:53 am
    Mirko Boeddecker, on 17 Jul 2013 - 3:26 PM, said:
    As long as there are real APX I do not know.
    Hopefully not too much longer. And then there will soon be a real Adox 400 I hope so.
    Any old roles, appearing suddenly nervous, and are the companies that still exist and produce movies, certainly a horror. And thus the continued existence of analog photograph a hindrance.

Mirko Boeddecker
    Today, 11:08 am
    Hopefully not too much longer. And then there will soon be a real Adox 400
    As described above, we could not map the film at this price level. More broadly, it means that we generally do not "competitive, normal" for a given market Pries level can produce 100 or 400.
    When we launched the 400 project, there were several interested parties with sometimes very large amounts and a different competitive situation. The long start-up problems, the partners are gradually jumped. On top of that, there was suddenly borderline high quality but affordable 100 and 400 on the market. A rogue who suspects behind tactics ;-)
    Are as long as these films for these conditions on the market, all other manufacturers are blocked. Any attempt of entry will result in a massive destruction of capital.
    Quite apart from that, it is due to the elimination of Fotokemika now sufficiently parallel sites for us.
    We therefore had to (at least temporarily) reorient and realign our priorities. The new CHS100 II, for example, consists of a "normal" 100 from its sensitization, the AHU and the clear carrier. We see it as an opportunity because it is something special and hope to achieve the price we need to offer cover costs.
    Best regards,
    Mirko

Michael K..
    Today, 11:29 AM
    What is actually about because the new CHS 100 II? My hope is yes to these as roll film in my next vacation in September to try to talk. 'd Be happy if it works out.

TiMo
    Today, 12:36
    Hi Mirko,
    was not necessary to answer you. The situation is so hinreichlich, and thou hast also often declared.
    Mirko Boeddecker, on 18 Jul 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:
    Are as long as these films for these conditions on the market, all other manufacturers are blocked.
    That's what I meant. and it's crap.
    CHS II wid any event exciting and I'm looking forward to it.
    Andy

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    In a nutshell Mirko says as long as films are available at this price level introducing new emulsions simply means burning money.
    He hopes that he can sell the CHS100II because of its special characteristics (unique sensitation, AHU layer and clear base) at a price level where it is profitable.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ahhhh! Ok makes sense! Well, I am jumping for joy! I looooovvvveeee APX100! I want this to last forever! I hope the new stock is the same in aesthetics, quality, tonality, etc., as the old.....

Many said the 1+50 in Rodinal was too long, funny that it is now 10, I've been doing mine at 10.5 mins (not sure if the stuff I have is already the "new" or the "old". I guess the "where manufactured" will be telling.....
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > only Rollei Retro 400S has a similar long dev time in Rodinal

Kentmere 400 too. All dev times fit acceptably to the Kentmere 100/400 films.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember when Agfa released the new "updated" version of APX400? Most people panned it. I'm interested to know what is "NEW" about this existing range of emulsions Lupus is involved with.
    Last edited by clayne; 07-19-2013 at 02:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Oh German brethren, please let me know what Mirko is saying now??!!

Why am I seeing APX 25?!!?!

I am PM'ing him now, he's gotta bring this intel to the APUG'rs!

Frau Google Translate is for the birds....

Mirko Boeddecker
    Today, 09:55
    If not kkann I only hope that the CHS 100 2 comes close to the original, but he will not have a deficiency is rounded up or down ..
    I steh'auf the hose . What do you mean rounded up or down? Regards, Mirko

Mirko Boeddecker
    Today, 09:57
    If the new APX now a completely new (= other) film, or was there just what developed?
    Next up I had said:
    Are as long as these films for these conditions on the market, all other manufacturers are blocked. Any attempt of entry will result in a massive destruction of capital.

In my opinion this is not only for us. We cook all the same water. The product film is marginal price in the market and can run at amortized product implementation and installation costs as only maintaining a status quo. Research, innovation (unless it is for cost savings) and product developments are not desirable and affordable.
    Regards, Mirko

Morte
    Today, 11:43 am
    piu58, on 20 Jul 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:
    He is well-established. And all APX-user looking for a replacement.
    I also understand that. But somehow replacement implies similarity, if not identity. That was my question: How similar? I can (or will) not imagine that simply wrapping some 100 film with the traditional name of APX.
    Edit: Ah, I had overlooked Mirko answer. Well, I want my question times throughout housewife default filters (nothing against housewives):
    Can it be that the new APXE be made while at another company, in another place and with new / other people, but after a proven recipe and with established production processes? That would be a certain relationship, more or less pronounced, with the Leverkusen suspect goods. Or you take a XY film cheap (nothing against cheap movies), it sticks the APX-shield and dangles the customer resistance? Then we would just do it with no APX character. Which would then probably extinct.

Edited by Morte, Today, 11:52.

piu58
    Today, 15:16
    > I can ... not imagine that just any 100 film
    You have to develop more imagination! Just as it is fact.

Morte
    Today, 15:49
    Fantasy I - I prefer to use for positive things. ;-)

Achim B.
    Today, 18:42
    Mirko Boeddecker, on 20 Jul 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:
    If not kkann I only hope that the CHS 100 2 comes close to the original, but he will not have a deficiency is rounded up or down ..
    I mean round off a film with similar characteristics and expression of 50 and 25 ASA (rounding down), and 200 and 400 ASA (Round up)
    50 and 200 where you can save yourself.
    I meant with on and off and rounding up or rounding down.
    Greeting Achim
    I steh'auf the hose . What do you mean rounded up or down? Regards, Mirko

Mirko Boeddecker
    Today, 19:04
    Can it be that the new APXE be made while at another company, in another place and with new / other people, but after a proven recipe and with established production processes
    A recipe on a film transfer to another plant is roughly equivalent to the same or sometimes even a higher research effort than a new development. As a new development at a given market price is not an option you can transfer my statement.
    You who are gathered here in the forums does not belong, must be the very first target of the new APX. Here is a strong brand, combined with existing channel with a very cheap quality film. The customer sees the brand, buy, and get sensible images: All is well.
    The customer does not necessarily have to get a picture of the claim that it is as if he had taken it with APX made in Leverkusen. Who has this claim, which could even years bunker at an affordable price.
    If the claim is translated above technical parameters, also a congruence could come out with our Silvermax. The latter runs so successful that a new production in one form or another would be as thrilling follow-up project to Polywarmtonprojekt. We currently tend to be a mixture of APX 25 and 100 on clear carrier with increased silver coating .... but everything is still very far away.
    Regards, Mirko

Mirko Boeddecker
    Today, 19:16
    I mean round off a film with similar characteristics and expression of 50 and 25 ASA (rounding down), and 200 and 400 ASA (Round up)
    Oh so clear, the Empfindlicheiten. This would be noted that the 400 has little in common with the 100 and 25er with its complex emulsions actually represents the perfection of the series. Actually, what the APX affects only the 25er and the 100 so similar that one can speak of a series. It is also difficult to continue a series of 400 because this old emulsions at 100 ASA "out of breath" and they emanates "borderline overexcited" as 400 actually are. If you need the speed, it is because for some decades ran differently and also gets to conditions a very good movie.
    Regards, Mirko
    German forum...
    http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?...ic=3045&page=2
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    More info!

Lupus Imaging & Media GmbH & Co KG
    19 hours ago

The high performer is back! Available from 1.8.2013 -

APX 400 provides remarkable performance and reliability even in bad light. Another benefit: this highly sensitive film can be pushed as high as a speed of ISO 1600/33°. This means that the applications for APX 400 are almost limitless: action, sports reporting, fashion and advertising.
    Per Lupus Imaging Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/lupusim
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin