Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,199   Online: 776

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Andy for the info!
    Maybe you could post on the Industry news so more people can see it! And it is so nice to see good news after a few bad ones! As they say: one down, one up!
    I read the above and I got the impression that the APX 100 is also a new emulsion as Lupus has now run out of the remaining master rolls from Leverkusen, right?
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The high performer is back!
    gives the impression the old APX400 is back.

The same time it says (not surprisingly)
    New Emulsion

I don't know what to make of such statements by Lupus Imaging...
    Well, it fits perfectly to their product naming of the past.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well, AgfaPhoto brought back Vista and CT Precisa films... But only remained the name, the film is made in Japan, and is most probably Superia 200 for the Vista 200 and Provia 100F (with an extraordinary price) for the CT PRecisa.
    I think it is the same for APX400 ... Probably made somewhere in England with an emulsion known as Kentmere 400 ... Harman Technology is spreading this emulsion all over the world.
    We have to check...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course I do not doubt that this is a emulsion different from APX400. I doubt though, as you, that is a new emulsion in the proper meaning.

But what I actually tried to hint at is that the Lupus Statements seem contradictory in themselves.
    Last edited by AgX; 07-23-2013 at 03:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    CHS 100 II is a replacement for CHS 100. The film has a similar spectral sensitization and is coated on clear PET. We are using a different emulsion system which raises the speed about 2 DIN compared to CHS 100 old and we offer an AHU plus a backside anti lightpiping layer to eliminate lightpiping.

If you are looking for an APX 100 replacement we suggest using our Silvermax 21 which is based on APX emulsion- and sensitization technology.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh German brethren, please let me know what Mirko is saying now??!!

Why am I seeing APX 25?!!?!
    Well I guess I better donīt re-translate this Google translation ;-)

What I was trying to say over several posts was that we cannot compete with some currently set pricepoints and thus we have a hard time making a "generic" 100 or 400 speed film.
    If we were to manufacture another film (after we are done with the polywarmtone paper) it needed to be something which fills in a niche and is not made by anyone else in a comparable way. One opportunity would be to remanufacture APX 25 or a combination out of APX 25 and 100 (which will come out to be a 50 to 80 ASA film).
    Many components are now missing and we need to replace them. But we can manufacture the original raw emulsion system which is very, very sophisticated for APX 25 and 100. These are very old bromide-Iodide mixed emulsions with quite some chaos built in.

But this is just a theoretical speculation in the context of me explaining why we are NOT manufacturing the new APX 100 and 400 sold by Lupus. I am NOT saying that we WILL make APX 25 again any time soon.
    I do promise though to run at least one precipitation out of curiosity and then we see how it goes from there.

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 07-23-2013 at 06:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Of course I do not doubt that this is a emulsion different from APX400. I doubt though, as you, that is a new emulsion in the proper meaning.

But what I actually tried to hint at is that the Lupus Statements seem contradictory in themselves.
    Regarding Lupus Imaging, I do not blame them, because a lot of brands have no coating facilities, and they bring on the market very good stuff for a very affordable price (better than the original)...

But another Kentmere emulsion on the market... it would be too much no?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's kind of lame for them to be abusing the APX name for something that so much definitely isn't APX in any way.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    CHS 100 II is a replacement for CHS 100. The film has a similar spectral sensitization and is coated on clear PET. We are using a different emulsion system which raises the speed about 2 DIN compared to CHS 100 old and we offer an AHU plus a backside anti lightpiping layer to eliminate lightpiping.

If you are looking for an APX 100 replacement we suggest using our Silvermax 21 which is based on APX emulsion- and sensitization technology.

Best regards,

Mirko
    Just perfect for inversion!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks much Mirko for setting it straight! Frau Google Translate was putting words in your mouth. I wish you all the best on your next project-post-Polywarmtone.

Question re Lupus APX 100 and 400, do you know what country it is coated in?

Their Facebook page says the APX 400 is coated in the EU.
    Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin