Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,332   Online: 1053

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I think Simon was specific about the Ilford brand only. But my memory may not serve me well.
    +1. Simon draws a fine but important line between the brands Ilford and Kentmere. See the discontinuation of Kentmere Fineprint VC.
    link please?
    I believe Simon said Ilford doesn't rebrand it's films. That doesn't mean that the parent company Harman doesn't rebrand Kentemere. Simon was very specific to Ilford but didn't mention Kentemere....

I will look for the quote too....
    Here is one: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1136670

And Simon's words: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=741923
    Another day I was searching this forum for information about Ilford's Pan films and came across those links.

Andy
    Emulsion formulas can be followed and the example you gave is a good one for Silvermax. Remember that Adox Silvermax was created by former Agfa technicians and was based on APX 100. So, it is possible the new APX 400 is based on the old one, but it will be different.
    Until we have the new APX 400 and see its qualities, no one, apart Lupus, knows exactly what is it.
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F50, F55, F60, 2xF601, F65, 3xF75, F801, 2x F801S, F80, F90, 4xF90X, EL2, FE, FM, 2xFG, FG-20, 3xEM

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Ricardo, that's a 4.5 year old statement that Kentmere film is not rebranded Ilford film. First, what means "we" in that context (Kentmere films were new at that time and Kentmere had just been bought by Harman) and second would Simon repeat that today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Simon Galley has repeatedly said Harman doesn't use its films, Ilford or Kentmere, for other brands.
    Surely you have a better link?
    Last edited by ath; 07-23-2013 at 12:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From the same thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=744251 It really looks like that all those UK made products like Rollei RPX films and ADOX easy print RC papers are indeed unique products.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, miha, that's a clear statement.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Andreas,
    I hope you are now satisfied.

Miha,
    That is absolutely correct!
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F50, F55, F60, 2xF601, F65, 3xF75, F801, 2x F801S, F80, F90, 4xF90X, EL2, FE, FM, 2xFG, FG-20, 3xEM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    So does that settle it? If it is determined that this film is coated in the UK, it is by virtue not Kentemere 400? Though it might be similar, technically it will have to be the Lupus' recipe for APX 100 and 400? That might be different for say if the film was coated in say the Czech Republican (aka Foma)? Gosh why's this soooooooo confusing?!

I really don't care where it's made, so long as it prints well, qualitys is good, etc....it could be coated in Suriname and I'd be fine....
    Last edited by zsas; 07-23-2013 at 11:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Thanks, miha, that's a clear statement.
    Gullible.

And you believe that just because he wrote it? That's all it takes for you? How many times did Kodak Management say "Kodak is here to stay"? You believed them too?

I personally don't care if it's Ilford/kentmere film (which I firmly believe it is. What else???). My money will go to the cheapest. I understand that they do all what they can to make us believe it isn't Ilford film in order to keep profits up. Even by "lying" or by playing with words/technicalities. That film is a Harman product. Otherwise why all the secrets? Why can't they point the real maker?
    Marketing game, that's what it is.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why do we even care what the new emulsion is behind the scenes? It's not from the AP/APX family.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    So does that settle it?
    It settles the question "Is this film rebranded Ilford or Kentmere?", and the answer is "No, it isn't". It doesn't answer the question "Was this film made at Harman's film factory?"

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Gullible.

And you believe that just because he wrote it? That's all it takes for you? How many times did Kodak Management say "Kodak is here to stay"? You believed them too?

I personally don't care if it's Ilford/kentmere film (which I firmly believe it is. What else???). My money will go to the cheapest. I understand that they do all what they can to make us believe it isn't Ilford film in order to keep profits up. Even by "lying" or by playing with words/technicalities. That film is a Harman product. Otherwise why all the secrets? Why can't they point the real maker?
    Marketing game, that's what it is.
    NB23, I said that's a clear statement. Not more. Calm down.
    I simply wanted to know if Simon stated this here. He did.
    Last edited by ath; 07-24-2013 at 04:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin