Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,874   Posts: 1,520,167   Online: 1004

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819202125 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    My money will go to the cheapest.
    Thatīs why Iīm so certain that no one will bring a new product to the market these days....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Thatīs why Iīm so certain that no one will bring a new product to the market these days....
    If this statement is true, why then continue shooting analog?
    Digital is much cheaper!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > Digital is much cheaper!

It depends. If you want to have a large, high quality paper photograph argentum based darkroom work ist a simple and straight way to get it. And a relativ cheap one. Compare to an inkjet or even dye transfer print.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    > Digital is much cheaper!

It depends. If you want to have a large, high quality paper photograph argentum based darkroom work ist a simple and straight way to get it. And a relativ cheap one. Compare to an inkjet or even dye transfer print.
    [OT on]
    Make a digital negative and then contact print it, like Weston used to. You don't even need an enlarger.
    You have a much more degree of control and you'll get the exact quality of an analog print.
    [OT off]

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    why then continue shooting analog?
    Because I like it. The only valid reason for a hobby.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, between arista premium @ 2.49$ and tri-x @ 5$, why exactly should I overlook arista since it's the same film? To please whom exactly?
    But I agree, this rebranding business has to be kept secret as much as possible in order to prevent hurting the company.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Well, between arista premium @ 2.49$ and tri-x @ 5$, why exactly should I overlook arista since it's the same film? To please whom exactly?
    But I agree, this rebranding business has to be kept secret as much as possible in order to prevent hurting the company.
    When I lived and worked in China for a while back in the late 90's there were factories that made identical products that were then either for export to the EU and USA by one foreign-owned company and also for direct sale domestically by a Chinese-owned company. The former had a line after production with inspectors for QC and a good percentage was rejected. For the latter whatever came off the line was sent out for sale, no QC inspection. I wonder if this kind of thing might also exist for Kentmere (or other UK-made film in same factory) vs Ilford,...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This film was sold to Freestyle by Kodak prior to Kodak going into chapter 11.
    Itīs for sure a good deal today. But will it keep film allive for long if costs for the materials, labour and energy are higher than the end users price?
    Companies need to make a profit. For some reason I am under the impression that photographers in general deny this to film producing companies. They are all bust by now except for Fuji. Do you really think you made them to rhich?

Mirko

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This film was sold to Freestyle by Kodak prior to Kodak going into chapter 11.
    Itīs for sure a good deal today. But will it keep film allive for long if costs for the materials, labour and energy are higher than the end users price?
    Companies need to make a profit. For some reason I am under the impression that photographers in general deny this to film producing companies. They are all bust by now except for Fuji. Do you really think you made them to rhich?

Mirko
    The general demise of the past within the photochemical industry can hardly be related to consumers going for cheap films.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The general demise of the past within the photochemical industry can hardly be related to consumers going for cheap films.
    Well said. Even in today's non-film world, premium films are the norm. I hardly see any rolls of Freestyle Arista Premium in the below. Typical American drugstore counter....

Andy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin