Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,874   Posts: 1,520,167   Online: 1004
      
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819202125 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 252
  1. #141
    ADOX Fotoimpex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    385
    My money will go to the cheapest.
    Thatīs why Iīm so certain that no one will bring a new product to the market these days....

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Thatīs why Iīm so certain that no one will bring a new product to the market these days....
    If this statement is true, why then continue shooting analog?
    Digital is much cheaper!

  3. #143
    piu58's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Leipzig, Germany
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    584
    > Digital is much cheaper!

    It depends. If you want to have a large, high quality paper photograph argentum based darkroom work ist a simple and straight way to get it. And a relativ cheap one. Compare to an inkjet or even dye transfer print.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    > Digital is much cheaper!

    It depends. If you want to have a large, high quality paper photograph argentum based darkroom work ist a simple and straight way to get it. And a relativ cheap one. Compare to an inkjet or even dye transfer print.
    [OT on]
    Make a digital negative and then contact print it, like Weston used to. You don't even need an enlarger.
    You have a much more degree of control and you'll get the exact quality of an analog print.
    [OT off]

  5. #145
    ath
    ath is offline
    ath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    why then continue shooting analog?
    Because I like it. The only valid reason for a hobby.
    Regards,
    Andreas

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Thatīs why Iīm so certain that no one will bring a new product to the market these days....
    Well, between arista premium @ 2.49$ and tri-x @ 5$, why exactly should I overlook arista since it's the same film? To please whom exactly?
    But I agree, this rebranding business has to be kept secret as much as possible in order to prevent hurting the company.

  7. #147
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,835
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Well, between arista premium @ 2.49$ and tri-x @ 5$, why exactly should I overlook arista since it's the same film? To please whom exactly?
    But I agree, this rebranding business has to be kept secret as much as possible in order to prevent hurting the company.
    When I lived and worked in China for a while back in the late 90's there were factories that made identical products that were then either for export to the EU and USA by one foreign-owned company and also for direct sale domestically by a Chinese-owned company. The former had a line after production with inspectors for QC and a good percentage was rejected. For the latter whatever came off the line was sent out for sale, no QC inspection. I wonder if this kind of thing might also exist for Kentmere (or other UK-made film in same factory) vs Ilford,...
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  8. #148
    ADOX Fotoimpex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    385
    Well, between arista premium @ 2.49$ and tri-x @ 5$, why exactly should I overlook arista since it's the same film? To please whom exactly?
    This film was sold to Freestyle by Kodak prior to Kodak going into chapter 11.
    Itīs for sure a good deal today. But will it keep film allive for long if costs for the materials, labour and energy are higher than the end users price?
    Companies need to make a profit. For some reason I am under the impression that photographers in general deny this to film producing companies. They are all bust by now except for Fuji. Do you really think you made them to rhich?

    Mirko

  9. #149
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    This film was sold to Freestyle by Kodak prior to Kodak going into chapter 11.
    Itīs for sure a good deal today. But will it keep film allive for long if costs for the materials, labour and energy are higher than the end users price?
    Companies need to make a profit. For some reason I am under the impression that photographers in general deny this to film producing companies. They are all bust by now except for Fuji. Do you really think you made them to rhich?

    Mirko
    The general demise of the past within the photochemical industry can hardly be related to consumers going for cheap films.

  10. #150
    zsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,959
    Images
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The general demise of the past within the photochemical industry can hardly be related to consumers going for cheap films.
    Well said. Even in today's non-film world, premium films are the norm. I hardly see any rolls of Freestyle Arista Premium in the below. Typical American drugstore counter....

    Andy



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin