Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,314   Online: 993

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You still have Panatomic-X!! I love that film! I've only been able to shoot a few rolls but I would use that over TMY-2 any day!

Lucky

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pan-X was ASA 32. TMY-2 is ISO 400. They wouldn't be remotely interchangeable. Sure, if you had sufficient studio light for the Pan-X that you could, as needed, tone down for TMY you could do it, but a better comparison would be Pan F+, APX 25 if it were still around, Efke 25 (ditto) or even the new tech 100 speed films, TMX, Delta 100 or Acros.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Pan-X was ASA 32. TMY-2 is ISO 400. They wouldn't be remotely interchangeable. Sure, if you had sufficient studio light for the Pan-X that you could, as needed, tone down for TMY you could do it, but a better comparison would be Pan F+, APX 25 if it were still around, Efke 25 (ditto) or even the new tech 100 speed films, TMX, Delta 100 or Acros.
    Fair enough, I wasn't talking grain though I just meant overall look and my personal ability to expose them right

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You still have Panatomic-X!! I love that film! I've only been able to shoot a few rolls but I would use that over TMY-2 any day!

Lucky

When you use it one roll at a time, it lasts a while...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    When you use it one roll at a time, it lasts a while...
    Well I've only ever owned 4 and I'm on my last one... Lol

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    If I were simply being cheap then I would use the off brand films like Lucky and just accept the flaws as a part of using a cheaply made and sold film.
    I've used Lucky colour films, especially the Super New 100, and didn't find any flaws. It was my favourite film for muted, almost pastel colours. Lucky discontinued all colour films last year.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the suggestion of bulk loading 135. I have actually thought about it a year or so ago but I didn't follow up with it. Now might be a good time to do so. I'll do a search for which loader is most recommended (I forgot) again and pick one up.

Erwin Puts described APX 100 as a classical acutance film and Delta 100, T-Max 100 and Acros as high tech films:

http://web.archive.org/web/200510170...ilmbasics.html

Once I developed some APX 100 semi-stand in FX-2 and I agree,it can give edge effects more than the high tech films.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I wonder if the new AGFA APX-100 and the new ADOX CHS-II 100 are the same exact film?

The timing of their availabilities is certainly coincidental.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wonder if the new AGFA APX-100 and the new ADOX CHS-II 100 are the same exact film?

The timing of their availabilities is certainly coincidental.
    No they are not. I think I stated earlier in this (or in another) thread that we do not manufacture the new AgfaPhoto APX.

Mirko

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    No they are not. I think I stated earlier in this (or in another) thread that we do not manufacture the new AgfaPhoto APX.

Mirko
    Even Better! That means two new black and white films for us !!
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin