Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,521   Online: 1033

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Whatever works for you! ...although having ready-made 620 film available for the same price as 120 would no doubt be easiest.
    Yup, but if it never happens (and it probably never will) I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Oh, that is until 120 dies too.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Respooling 620 is a minor annoyance compared to reloading 126 Instamatic carts and punching the locator perforations. (not to mention obtaining non perforated 35mm film to begin with).

Think Agfa could offer APX-100 in 126 ?

Haha, nor do I.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    If they sent them a few blank 620 spools for their mold making I'm sure they would let them know. If the company is big enough there might not be any minimum order.
    As a former mold maker I can tell you that mold making ain't a breeze. And as someone who had to rework lousy screw machine tooling made in Taiwan, I can also tell you that getting things done right overseas can be a real pain in the ass.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree, but both things are getting better all the time and things like CNC machining tools help out for that.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Somehow it was easy enough to make 620 spools in the ancient 1930s.

Oh, I forgot, there weren't any MBAs back then so nothing was impossible.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    StoneNYC my man, I already have 620 spools coming out my ears and I "roll my own" all the time. As for the work already done for me? I don't follow I guess. If it were already done it would be on a 620 spool when I bought it. I'm not saying ADOX or anybody else has to carry a full line of color and B&W films in 620, but it would be sweet to be able to place an order for my normal 120 quota and also slip a few 620 B&W rolls in. Heck, start with an ISO 100 and then maybe add ISO 400 and then................Sheesh! Also, the average Joe with an old 620 or other obsolete film size has NO idea of Ilfords special order quota films, but the do know how to go to a retail film site or store. I'll keep buying my 120 film and throwing some of that on my 620 spools, but I'll still keep questioning some of the decisions companies are now making.
    You obviously didn't click my link...

You can buy all of those in 620 already spooled.... Go back and click my link....

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Also, at B&H the reason the price is more is they actually re-roll them by hand in the dark. The rumor is they hire blind people for this, not sure if its true but it would make sense since they are already in the dark haha. But seriously they hand re-roll the 620 spools, hence why they are all around $15 instead of $6-8

I've thought of ordering some of the 620 spools just to re-roll the E100G back onto 120 spools LOL

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm happy to re-roll my 620, just need to be able to get my hands on some more, fairly priced, 620 spools. I tried trimming 120 spools - but didn't work for me at all. I have 6 620 spools - 1 for take up and 5 rolls only, just means I have to be *very* selective when I shoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, but both things are getting better all the time and things like CNC machining tools help out for that.
    There still are very significant costs. Setup and run time on a molding machine isn't cheap either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it would be sweet to be able to place an order for my normal 120 quota and also slip a few 620 B&W rolls in.
    That's the problem right there. A few.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin