Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,925   Posts: 1,522,119   Online: 790

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuggi View Post
    For being produced back in 2005, there's a hell of a lot of it available here in Finland, I've even seen it in normal supermarkets!
    Only in 35mm though.
    Canon F1n / FTb / AE-1P | Yashica Mat-124G | Hasselblad 500C/M | Leica IIIf

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuggi View Post
    For being produced back in 2005, there's a hell of a lot of it available here in Finland, I've even seen it in normal supermarkets!
    Thats exactly the problem and why no one has produced (i.e. coated) a reincarnation of APX100 yet. Today it would be commercial suicide.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Thats exactly the problem and why no one has produced (i.e. coated) a reincarnation of APX100 yet. Today it would be commercial suicide.
    Then we should quit moaning about PlusX and shoot the hell out of the APX so Mirko can make more.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm

So where is it coming from?

I finally just ordered some from Macodirect in Germany to see what I got. It's AgfaPhoto APX100 and it expires 9/2013. If the last of this film was produced in 2005, it should have expired at least 2 years ago. And why does Macodirect list the product as new for December 2011, or at least they did when I ordered it last December. Do the Germans have a secret stash somewhere, sort of like the Area 51 of the film business? Well, I can't wait to dig in to those rolls and relive the great days of Agfa, and then order more, if there's any left.

Shooter
    35mm

Here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojje View Post
    I looked further, and it says they have the rights to manufacture and sell AgfaPhoto products, including film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Little View Post
    I just bought about 40 rolls of Agfa APX 100 in Europe, they have tons of fresh stock in Berlin and Bucharest, and its the cheapest going BnW film by far.
    What did you pay?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 37th Exposure View Post
    I finally just ordered some from Macodirect in Germany to see what I got. It's AgfaPhoto APX100 and it expires 9/2013. If the last of this film was produced in 2005, it should have expired at least 2 years ago. And why does Macodirect list the product as new for December 2011, or at least they did when I ordered it last December. Do the Germans have a secret stash somewhere, sort of like the Area 51 of the film business? Well, I can't wait to dig in to those rolls and relive the great days of Agfa, and then order more, if there's any left.
    The master rolls produced in 2005 were freezed which extends life period.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 37th Exposure View Post
    I looked further, and it says they have the rights to manufacture and sell AgfaPhoto products, including film.
    Similar questions about APX are often asked in this forum, the answers are always the same:

1. "Lupus Imaging & Media was founded in 2005 as a wholesale company for photographic products." They have no manufacturing facilities for film - like Maco, Freestyle and others. Lupus' b/w films are made from big frozen Agfa rolls, and their color films are fresh products made by Fuji. All those are good films, but they were produced by other companies.
    2. There is nobody who produces APX films today. All 120 APX films were sold out a long time ago, 35mm ist still available, made from big old frozen rolls.
    3. Adox/Fotoimpex announced to produce an Adox APX 100 and 400, but they are not available yet.
    4. All films that are claimed to be "successors" or "almost identical" have almost or absolutely nothing in common with these films, but some companies love to pull a fast one on their customers.

And that's the whole story.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you CMO for stating the facts so clearly.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm looking at the Macodirect website and there is no indication of exiration date for the APX100. Price is very attractive at EUR 22.50/ 10 rolls of 36 plus shipping. They seam to have a return policy but I would rather not go into complications. Any one who bought APX100 from this company, what is the expiration date on the box? Thank you
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin