Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 727

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This company in the UK are selling APX 100 http://www.discountfilmsdirect.co.uk...hite_Film.html
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link, Ben. I've sent an email to Macodirect asking about the expiration date and will post here when I hear from them.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by naeroscatu View Post
    I've sent an email to Macodirect asking about the expiration date and will post here when I hear from them.
    I've recently bought 10 rolls of APX (not from Macodirect though) and the expiration date is January 2013.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    All the big mailorder houses have those old APX 100 35mm films on stock, prices and expiration dates are all in the same range.

I believe that companies like Fotoimpex/Adox are waiting for the end of old, super-cheap APX sales before they start producing something new.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    I believe that companies like Fotoimpex/Adox are waiting for the end of old, super-cheap APX sales before they start producing something new.
    Mirko has said this directly. They cannot manufacture new product at a profit while they have to compete with old product still in the pipeline.

So do like I did. Buy your share of the thwarting old film, remember it fondly as you use it, and help move it out of Mirko's way so the new can come.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got an answer from Macodirect: expiration date is 9/ 2013 so I think I will buy few briks and keep them frozen. Can't go wrong at this price.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The market is unfortunately flooded with 35mm APX but it would be nice if Mirko could make a small production run of MF and LF film. Not likely though since the money is in 35mm

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The first few bricks of Agfa's leftover APX100 (rebadged as Rollei Retro 100) I bought from Maco in -08 were marked to expire in 2010. Sometimes later the expiration date moved to 2011 and now I hear it's 2013...

I get the feeling that someone is just printing a new expiry date on the rolls when it's needed.

Well, it doesn't really matter. The film is still perfectly good and I'd expect it to be good for at least the next five years or so. I still have 100+ rolls that I don't even bother to freeze because I expect to use the whole stash later this year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mablo View Post
    I get the feeling that someone is just printing a new expiry date on the rolls when it's needed.
    I think they at least give it a test development and make a best estimate. I don't think they're crooks.

The Rollei Retro in 120 was apparently 135 stock that they slit into 120 width. That's what I was told, and the rolls I bought from Freestyle seemed to be that way.

But that master roll is gone now, and all remaining stock has already been slit into 135 pancakes. Or at least that's the story I heard some time back. Who knows? Maybe someone can pull a rabbit and an unslit master roll out of a hat.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I can't tell any difference between Rollei Retro 100 and the Agfa APX100 of yore in 35mm. Tried them both.

I note, however, that there is also something labelled *Agfaphoto* APX100 and I don't know if it's the same stuff. I also missed the opportunity to try Rollei Retro 100 in 120, but I gather from 'net buzz that it was made on a different base than the 35mm RR100, which suggests that they were not cut from the same master rolls. Dazed and confused yet? I am.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin