Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,249   Online: 803

Page 1 of 26 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Agfa APX 100 back?

Looking at the Agfaphoto.com website, APX 100 is listed in the German online store (along with a few other films). The site is dated 2011.
    Macodirect.de lists APX 100 as new for November.

Are we seeing a comeback for the German market, or do they have a lot of old stock in Germany? If this is a comeback, I will definately put in a big order with Maco. They do ship to the USA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe they found a lost roll that was stored? Would be awesome if they brought it back. I love agfa panchromatic films. I'm currently shooting through the last 200 ft of an Agfapan 250 cine reel. Just wonderful tones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see some evidence of it in English, too. This just seems surreal to me, so I won't hold my breath.

No trace of AGFA 25, though... bummer.

I long thought when AGFA was in the market back a few years ago, that their films were outstanding and in fact underpriced for what you got. It may have been due to something I heard, that- in Germany- comparative advertising was illegal or largely so; a product had to stand on its own merit. Purely speculating here...

Man, I would LOVE to see APX 100 return. Never shot the 400 but I bet it was/is(?) good.
    I would love to use the "FP" flash setting on my camera, but I cannot find "Flash Powder" anywhere... such is life.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love apx100!!! Love it!

Still have 500' of it that I'm keeping for super special occasions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one or two 100' rolls of TURA 100 35mm film on ice which I am pretty sure was APX 100 since the spectral responses were identical. Time to thaw it out and shoot!
    I would love to use the "FP" flash setting on my camera, but I cannot find "Flash Powder" anywhere... such is life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of boxes of 4x5 in the freezer. I agree it's wonderful film. Bringing it back would be awesome.

Not so sure about APX 25 though. I heard wonderful things about it but an ISO 25 film is just so slow I'd find it almost useless for most things regardless of how nice it looked.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    From what I've been told at Freestyle and from what I can gather from the Adox website, APX 100 will be available under the Adox Premium Pan 100 line. I don't know when they will be available stateside, but I hope it's soon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All APX 100 available today came from freezed rolls prdouced in 2005. Mirko Boedecker from fotoimpex tries to reanimate APX 400 and 100. A first test batch of APX 400 is out of a small test production.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re-animate? Start making it again?

If he does, please make it available in 4x5 sheets!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For me APX is a past. I wouldn't start using it again, I'm now in perfect relationship with TriX.
    Marcin "Rudolf" Szymczak
    Author of 13th Frame
    marcinszymczak.com

Page 1 of 26 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin