Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,276   Online: 827

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you just want the look of an ortho film you can use any panchromatic film and put a blue filter on the lens, it creates the same effect.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is quite true. It can be an excellent alternative to ortho films, many of which are slow, high contrast emulsions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A blue filter will duplicate the look of an unsensitized emulsion. A green filter will approximate the look of orthochromatic film. But for the best redition you need to use a minus red filter. If you look at the color wheeel you will see that this is a cyan filter.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I don't leave the house to photograph w/o both Ilford Ortho and Lith film in addition to the FP4+ which is always present.
    For me Ilford EI is 80 in daylight and 50 in tungsten.Lith film is 6 and 4 respectively.
    There is nothing like these films for opening up the shadows, particularly in forest scenes. For portraits it is necessary to remember that reds will print as black. I develop by inspection with a red safelight.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wratten 44A is sometimes used. It's essentially a minus-red.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the wonderful tips. The film is cheap enough for me to play. Xray film offers interesting possibilities. I like the idea of souping the film under a dim safelight. No excuse for badly processed ortho film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've been playing with aerographic duplicating film. I bought a 500 foot roll of the stuff and an 8x9.5 inch sheet costs me about 40 cents. I have rated the film at ISO 5 and meter through a blue filter. Then I develop it under a red safelight (tray) in Ansco 130 for a whole minute. Really quick, really cheap, and so far really interesting, especially with fair-skinned people or at times of low light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin