Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,055   Online: 1245

Thread: Unicolor Drum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Unicolor Drum

Hello All,'
    Just purchased a Unicolor Drum for 35 and 120 complete and working but without the directions. Anyone using this set-up? Could you please tell me the amount of liquid for 4 rolls of 35mm film? I am thinking 16oz total but want to know what the directions say.
    Thanks
    Arthur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got one of the same drums ordered and on the way. As long as the drum is at least half-full with solution, it will cover the entire surface area of the film while rotating, and you should be golden. Also make sure you're using at least the developer manufacturer's minimum amount of developer per reel.

Sorry but I don't have a copy of the directions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks. What I need next is a few 120 reels and all is well.
    I know with the drum that develops 4 sheets of 4x5 you only needed 4oz and since 4 sheets of 4x5 is the same sq. footage as 1-35 or 1-120 roll I am going to start with 12oz of developer and see how it goes.
    Good luck with yours
    Arthur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found them!

A few months ago someone selling a set of these drums on APUG was kind enough to send me a mailed photocopy of the instructions for the "Unicolor Film Drum II System". I put them in a very safe place (i.e. where I would have trouble finding them)

Transcribed from those instructions:
    Attached Files
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Transcribed from those instructions:
    I wonder if one should read into that that you should use the 220 amount per a 120 reel if you are mixing 35 and 120 on the same batch?
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    I wonder if one should read into that that you should use the 220 amount per a 120 reel if you are mixing 35 and 120 on the same batch?
    I think that the amounts shown on that chart are not related to the amount of film being processed - instead they are only the amounts sufficient to cover the reels enough to permit even development.

The 120 reels are like the Patterson reels - they have the capacity to hold 220 as well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin