Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,821   Online: 913

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

xtol and neopan 400 or delta 400

I've been using xtol and tri-x and think it's pretty good. I had some issues with tmax 400 and xtol.

So I am wondering what the opinions are on xtol and neopan 400 and delta 400 in medium format?

thanks...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've shot Delta 400 on 35mm and developed it in XTOL 1+2 for a number of rolls now. I quite like the combination, though I found that rating the Delta at EI400 gave me results that were too flat—I prefer to rate it at EI640 instead.

I process for 8 minutes at 29°C. Grain-wise, it's finer than Tri-X for me though nowhere near a slower film like TMAX 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Neopan 400 a few times and developed it in XTOL. At the box speed, it behaves pretty much like Tri-X. I have never tried to push this film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin