Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,781   Online: 1173

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I's like crack. You get the first couple for free after that you get a scratch and you are so pissed you go out and shoot more film just to prove it was not you who scratched the film. You develope and all is well. Then when you are once again feeling good you scratch one and the whole cylce repeats itself. In no time you're out on the street jonesing for a bigger neg, a larger camera and even bigger trays. Passersby look at you strangely as you mumble about too big an SBR, minus development and the woes of illford. Some ass calls you a Zonazi but you are lost, stumbling further into the gutter, no longer looking at the people who go by as humans just wallets and purses, the dollars you need for just another box.
    Geez, sounds like an ideal life, huh? I can hardly wait, the unfortunate thing is that I have a very vivid mental picture of myself doing that in New York City. -Grant

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidoidRamone
    Geez, sounds like an ideal life, huh? I can hardly wait, the unfortunate thing is that I have a very vivid mental picture of myself doing that in New York City. -Grant
    Nah you'ld just fit in there.

To make it really worth while, you need to move to a small town. Better yet do it in your own home town where people know you. Your neighbors could say things like-"I remember that boy when he was normal, stayed away from all that sheet film stuff". And another person could say-"I hear he just got out of prison for breaking into old man johnson's photo shop. I hear they found him naked on the floor covered with empty Tri-X boxes". Then they could give you some change and say something else like-"His poor parents, they must be devistated".
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You are a brave man using film your first time out, but I guess with 5x7 a polaroid back was not possible.

Here is my first attempt using a 4x5...
    http://www.esearing.com/articles/vci/vc1.html
    Eric
    www.esearing.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD
    "hmmm wonder what a 4x5 inch contact print would look like?" (I've never seen one in the flesh).
    Never seen a 4x5 contact? Now that's a crying shame! Send me your address and I'll drop one in the mail for you.

Cheers,
    Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin