Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,628   Posts: 1,647,944   Online: 1005

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defective ORT

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well I just made a test with Rollei ORTHO 25, new batch (emulsion 111020) and there is NO PROBLEM.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aurelien merci pour l'information. Dr5chrome thank you again for the information, this really looks bad and I have to say I've never had this type of problem with Efke Film it seems that the QC from eastern europeans film is going down and I am wondering why.

Dominik

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I just finished 2 rolls of Rollie ortho 25 20inch by 100ft with no problem , is it possible it is a storage/handling problem after production, Xray ??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This does not appear to be a storage problem. It is either a coating problem or an emulsion problem.

Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, and Ilford all have tests to catch this with almost 100% accuracy. That is one reason the products are more expensive from these companies. The testing of 100% of every product at every stage of manufacturing is not cheap!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Will have to double confirm - this damage lot# 101008 exp.2012/12 'not confirmed'

We used to keep suppliers and the film companies advised of film issues, and never usually by a public forum. It was never appreciated, so we stopped. It's better we just inform clients and the end-user. We see ALL film-types come in, but we are still a small lab. The chances we would get the 1 or 2 bad box of film is slim.

regards
    Last edited by dr5chrome; 12-22-2011 at 12:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin