Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,804   Online: 1128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defective ORT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Defective ORT

FYI - a recent lot of defective EFKE/adox-ORT-25 4x5 came into the shop last week.
    http://www.dr5.com/graphics/damag-ortmed.jpg

We have not seen this condition in some time. It was present in all forms of processing, and severe.
    If you recently bought this film, I would test it before using it.

regards.
    Last edited by dr5chrome; 12-21-2011 at 06:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: not complete

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Are you referring to Rollie ortho 25 or Ilford ortho 25?
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    FYI - a recent lot of defective ORT-25 came into the shop last week.
    http://www.dr5.com/graphics/damag-ortmed.jpg

We have not seen this condition in some time. It was present in all forms of processing, and severe.
    If you recently bought this film, I would test it before using it.

regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think there's Ilford ort 25, just 80. The 25s are Rollei and I think Adox brands (I don't even know who makes what anymore when it comes to all the rehashed branding). There are a few different ort 25s under the Rollei brand.

Sadly I have to say this wouldn't surprise me based on some of my experiences with non-Ilford/Kodak/Fuji products. But I'm curious to know precisely which film as I have occasionally used Rollei ATO (ort) 2.1 for masking and just received an order of ATO and and ort 25 for some tests I had planned.

Were these rolls or sheets?

Thanks
    Michael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry folks.. post edit. EFKE/adox-ORT25 4x5
    Currently I was unable to obtain the lot#. the client said he recently bought it, but I will post it when I have it. Many sheets were in this condition.
    'Bob' the Rollei-ORT comes from the EFKE plant, it's the same film.

regards
    Last edited by dr5chrome; 12-21-2011 at 06:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be interesting to know if these defects only show when Efke 25 Ort is developed as positives (DR5) or if they also show after normal development.
    Dr5chrome thank you for the information I hope the problem will be solved soon (Efke side) as I use a lot of Efke and love the 60's look I get from their films.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If these show up as black spots on negatives or white on positives, I might suspect pepper grain, but they appear to regular. Pepper grain usually gives a less than regular outline due to the crystals aggregating nonuniformly. It looks more like some kind of organic solvent got into the coating melt, or one of the ingredients was unevenly distributed.

What a shame. Hope it is fixed soon.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lomo Society can sell it as "Art Film"

Shooter
    35mm
    If this is an emulsion issue would I too harsh to surmise that the batch would never have made it to coating at Kodak, Ilford or Fuji but if it somehow did, QC would have picked it up before distribution? I expect that the same process of rejection would have occured at Agfa and indeed at the original Adox factory when they were operational. Just saying, but the principle of caveat emptor needs to be applied here. OzJohn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..some were run as negs - http://www.dr5.com/graphics/damag-ortmedNEG.jpg
    the condition was as bad, worse to deal with than the dr5's and more difficult to scan.
    This image was one of the worst.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    BAtch number please? That would help
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin