Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,280   Online: 839

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow. A Canadian that uses the word "y'all." As someone who was born in the Southern US (Georgia) and also uses the word "y'all," I'm impressed.

As for what type of room can be used for a darkroom, I would say the bathroom as long as you can block all the light out of it. I would refer you to the "Bathroom and other Temporary/Makeshift Darkrooms" thread but JBrunner beat me to it. Welcome to APUG!

ME Super

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the way to go is with medium format in the bathroom. Developing tank, measuring cup for developer, bottle of fixer, water stop bath. Sheet of foam rubber and a sheet of 8X10 picture glass for contacts. Light bulb for exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amundenovskiy View Post
    Hey John is Silver Magnets something you use to take silver out of the fixer?
    I was just thinking... lol
    yep,
    you put it in your spent fixer,
    and turn it on, and it plates the silver onto a little rod ..
    its kind of fun

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats a tad bit creepy how someone on here knows me :S (even tho same name)
    Andrew:

A fair number of people here also visit other photo related websites regularly.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well EVERYONE from other places KEEP telling me to come here to this forum, because people are MORE THEN Happy to help new comers and people new to photography, dark room process.
    Well, they were right. The knowledge of these people is incredible, as is their willingness, even eagerness to help others.

I don't want links and book pushed at me, I wanna talk one on one with a photographer (Via email) with questions, someone that would be quite helpful.
    Sorry, but books are ESSENTIAL. It has been said that if you read 5 books on any subject, you will know more about that subject than 90% of the people on earth. No amount of conversation can come anywhere near giving you the amount of information you need. I would advise that you read everything you can find and then ask questions about things that you didn't understand in what you read. You will learn much more and much more quickly that way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Well, they were right. The knowledge of these people is incredible, as is their willingness, even eagerness to help others.

Sorry, but books are ESSENTIAL. It has been said that if you read 5 books on any subject, you will know more about that subject than 90% of the people on earth. No amount of conversation can come anywhere near giving you the amount of information you need. I would advise that you read everything you can find and then ask questions about things that you didn't understand in what you read. You will learn much more and much more quickly that way.
    Not true ... Everyone learns differently mr and I learn fom spacific questions and little reading maybe sections from one book and mainly the book I already have - do telling someone to read a book is. It at all helpful. I'm just saying obviously your the type that needs to read five books in one subject? Lol the help people give on this site are very comical not to mention in order to have full everything u have I pay... It's a forum!!!! And on top of that this site is way less helpful then the medium format I think I have better help emailing a famous photographer and black mailing him
    I'm
    Just saying this was like the fourth comment with a full response. Everyone learns differently I learn the way I'm asking here - thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG. You could go to a library.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Hello and welcome to APUG. You could go to a library.

Jeff

hi jeff
    i don't think the OP wants to take out any books from a library, or read anything (but emails) ..
    good suggestion though

happy holidays !
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems as if you've never been in a darkroom, so you'll need to do some research before you even know what questions to ask...
    Many of us have been doing this for decades, and still refer to books (and, now, websites) to improve our skills. If you're not willing to put in the time, and effort, your results, and sense of satisfaction, will be disappointing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for answering my question it helped

as for y'all. I like saying it, I HATE being same as everyone else, I THRIVE to be different and more unique!
    Ciao
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Andrew Mündenovskiy
    http://www.mundenovskiy.ca

"The the change you want to see in the world" -- Ghandi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin