Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,965   Online: 882

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    It seems as if you've never been in a darkroom, so you'll need to do some research before you even know what questions to ask...
    Many of us have been doing this for decades, and still refer to books (and, now, websites) to improve our skills. If you're not willing to put in the time, and effort, your results, and sense of satisfaction, will be disappointing.

I've been inside a darkroom like 50 times, What has that got to do with anything. I've read books on photography on dark room, I have several text books Im reading and highlights, HEnce for my questions.... not sure where I lost everything... and instead of continueslly saying read books read book, lets answer questions instead shall we... Oy forums are so nerdy almost want to leave except for the fact that I kind of like the cassfied ads that I can't go to for some dumb reason....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Andrew Mündenovskiy
    http://www.mundenovskiy.ca

"The the change you want to see in the world" -- Ghandi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey awesome - thanks! I wrote that down in my note book Merci beaucoup1

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    I think the way to go is with medium format in the bathroom. Developing tank, measuring cup for developer, bottle of fixer, water stop bath. Sheet of foam rubber and a sheet of 8X10 picture glass for contacts. Light bulb for exposure.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Andrew Mündenovskiy
    http://www.mundenovskiy.ca

"The the change you want to see in the world" -- Ghandi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amundenovskiy View Post
    ...lets answer questions instead shall we...
    Ask one.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been inside a darkroom like 50 times, What has that got to do with anything. I've read books on photography on dark room, I have several text books Im reading and highlights, HEnce for my questions.... not sure where I lost everything... and instead of continueslly saying read books read book, lets answer questions instead shall we... Oy forums are so nerdy almost want to leave except for the fact that I kind of like the cassfied ads that I can't go to for some dumb reason....
    Andrew,

Classified are for subscribers. Subscribers are what supports the nerdy band width and infrastructure that you find so useless. If you have some specific questions, ask them, otherwise move on, as you are wasting our collective nerd time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    instead of continueslly saying read books read book, lets answer questions instead shall we
    To get answers, you must set questions, which you really did not :-) Try being a bit less vague, and you will see PLENTY of knowledge thrown back at you. If you can't be less vague then, I'm sorry, but DO read a book.

P.S.: Books also tend to improve one's spelling, as well.

See you around! :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew:

One of the realities of internet life is that we try to communicate over long distances, with no "immediate" feedback.

I've helped (I think) a fair number of people here, via thread posts, email or private message exchange, but it is generally more frustration then anything else, unless the people I have done this with have some sort of common reference that we can both refer to.

That common reference can be anything really - a camera body, an instruction manual, an example photograph, a youtube clip, a manufacturer's data sheet, etc.

As long as both of us can refer to the same thing, the time can be very productive. Otherwise, it is just a whole bunch of typing (yech) where most of the work is wasted covering information that is already understood.

So when presented with general questions, I always refer people to general sources, with the understanding that questions are expected, and time permitting, usually welcomed and enjoyed.

So if you want to ask more specific questions, or make enquiries about known sources I can access, fire away! In the spirit of Christmas, I'll do my best to help.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin