Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,238   Online: 887

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Tetenal Neofin Blau (Blue), anyone?

As part of an estate purchase I acquired about 15 boxes of this film developer,neatly packed in small plastic bottles or glass ampoules.
    "Designed for use with slow and medium speed films'.
    The fluid is a very light straw color,with no precipitate.
    Anyone used it?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes, quite a bit a number of years ago. I can send you some information on this developer if you PM me with your email address. I have some of my own waiting an appropriate use. Nice score -- it's hard to find anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was originally designed to be a high acutance, non-solvent developer. Blue was the most popular one, but there was also Red, which I think was the version for faster films. Depending when yours are from, the formulation varied.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Red one (rot) is not made any more. It is a very nice developer, compensating and fine grain. Neofin Blau is awkward to use with fast films as times get very long.
    Agfa APX 100 developed in Neofin Blau:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jojjek/...9256/lightbox/
    I get mine from Fotoimpex, Berlin:
    http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/fotoche...-ampullen.html

Shooter
    35mm
    U.S. customers can get it at Freestyle Photo. It is listed on the website. I've been considering ordering a few bottles to try.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Isn't this a ready made version of Beutler developer? I seen to recall Beutler which is normally mixed at home was available at various times under the Neofin Blue name. I saw the kit at Freeestlye. It looked too confusing and I opened the box to see the directions and it was mostly in German I recall. I know Beutler is a developer that requires one to mix up a couple of formulas and then one dilutes them together for a desired contrast.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    It looked too confusing and I opened the box to see the directions and it was mostly in German I recall. I know Beutler is a developer that requires one to mix up a couple of formulas and then one dilutes them together for a desired contrast.
    The manual is pretty terrible, even in English (I believe I have the instructions in multiple languages). You will have to experiment to find your own ideal time/dilution/capacity/etc. I've never understood why Tetenal make such a fine developer and then don't bother to tell us how to use it. Some sort of analogue photography puritanism maybe?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fotoimpex catalogue says: "Dieser Entwickler wurde
    (...) von Tetenal zusammen mit Willi Beutler für die ADOX/efke Filme zusammengebraut."
    This developer was configured by Tetenal's Willi Beutler scpecially for ADOX/efke films.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hmm, Maybe that's why Neofin Blau didn't work well for me. Next time I'll try an Efke film. Anybody have any idea how long this lasts? My bottles are pretty old by now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    Anybody have any idea how long this lasts?
    Long. I have some closed bottles from years (4?) ago. Sometimes I use one- can't see any decay going on. Just keep to the usual advice of using airtight bottles with not too much air in them. The original bottles are fine of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin