Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,576   Posts: 1,545,712   Online: 772

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the help everyone. I've searched the forums, and there are a few posts with recommendations for metol-free developers. For now I'll use the Multigrade, and try something else when I make an order.

But damn, if you're allergic to it, this Metol stuff sure sneaks up on you, and the icky feeling last for hours... And everyone's favorite developers have it. D76, Dektol, 130!

I guess I haven't tried the respirator yet. When I do, I'll post again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thedancefloor View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone. I've searched the forums, and there are a few posts with recommendations for metol-free developers. For now I'll use the Multigrade, and try something else when I make an order.

But damn, if you're allergic to it, this Metol stuff sure sneaks up on you, and the icky feeling last for hours... And everyone's favorite developers have it. D76, Dektol, 130!

I guess I haven't tried the respirator yet. When I do, I'll post again.
    thedancefloor,

I used to use a respirator back when I was selenium toning all my work (don't even know if inhalation was a vector), and it was pretty easy to get used to wearing it. Best of luck if you try that route.

s-a

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A few CFM's of cross draft exhaust ventilation over the sink would fix things.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, a respirator, more ventilation, and that slot processor I've been pining for, might allow me to use 130 or dektol.

Thanks!

Dallas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The FIRST concern in designing a darkroom should be the vent. It doesn't have to be a lot of airflow (especially with B+W). My first darkroom cave I used a 8" computer cabinate fan with a duct over the darkroom sink venting to the larger (and drafty) outer basement. Just one human in a closed up darkroom can eat up a lot of the available oxygen and start to give you a headache.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can mix up your own phenidone version of 130, but that will give you more direct exposure to other chemicals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin