Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,201   Online: 1015

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    "Basilica"? You meant Basically, right?
    YEP.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Read for yourself:

http://www.venik4.com/2011/01/kodak-...tent-trolling/
    ..."Kodak needed to stop being a chemical company and become an electronics company. The timid steps Kodak made in that direction with it’s Nikon-based DSLR and the acquisition of Chinon Industries were not followed up with more determined actions."
    Yes I had almost forgotten that they screwed up Chinon also. Chinon made reasonable, functional, low end cameras before they were made part of the Borg.

Perhaps Kodak has a bit of HP syndrome. HP always planned based on their own internal surveys. As time went on, they had trouble focusing on what there customers wanted and they spun off their traditional jewels (Alegent) to become an ink reseller.

Kodak had a main background in "cheep" cameras which could still work after a day on the beach. These days that role is covered by a cell Phone.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    C'mon, chin up, it's not yet a tidal wave with the youngsters; many of the hipsters, for example, seem to prefer (i.e. LOMO) film over D*@#*@l. Like my nephews and niece for instance. I gave each a camera and a lens or two. The results? Nephew #1 shoots only (post-Kodachrome) Ektachrome E100G through his Nikon F2A or F3HP; Nephew #2 alternates between PanF Plus, Tri-X, and Ektar in his F3HP; and my beloved Niece (the only one in the family) alternates Tri-X and HP-5 (she claims that she cannot tell the two apart? ) in her F2 Photomic. Sadly, though, the poor misguided soul prefers the look of digital shot with her D3000 to that of color film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's still available at a company in the U.K, if you contact John O'Shea at Discount Films http://www.discountfilmsdirect.co.uk...hite_Film.html and place a worthwhile order he may be willing to ship internationally, he has 135 Ti-X too .
    Last edited by benjiboy; 01-01-2012 at 07:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    127 Format
    There is still a lot of Plus-X 35mm in the supply pipeline. Get it while you can.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    There is still a lot of Plus-X 35mm in the supply pipeline. Get it while you can.
    Agreed. I just stocked up using one of the mailorder places... only to walk into my local shop and find that they have lots of it still on the shelf. If I only checked there first I could have supported a local family-owned business. My mistake.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wounder if Freestyle's Primum 100 is going away as well? Most folks seem to think it is rebranded Plus X, but perhaps it is make to order for Freestyle by Kodak. I tired a few rolls when it came to market a couple of years ago and seemed a lot like Plus X, but never really tested it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are a lot late on that one. I managed to sqeeze 7 cans. As soon as I mentioned it, everyone else piled on.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    I wounder if Freestyle's Premium 100 is going away as well?
    They still have single 24 exposure rolls left. You had better move fast on these.

I managed to get 2x100ft rolls and 20 packaged rolls in 35mm. Add the 23 rolls of 120 I still have and that will be enough for me.

I think the ORWO 54 will be my replacement for Plus-X.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The French online shop Photostock.fr seems to still have some : http://www.photostock.fr/films-noir-...fm?tri=&marq=6

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin