Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,436   Online: 716

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Plus-X is gone. I can't believe it!

It just struck me.
    This is impossible!
    The Black and White scene without Plus-X. McDonald's without the Cheeseburger. Disney without Donald Duck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get over it. I adored the stuff too, but there are lots of excellent choices out there. Change is not all bad....

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, even Madonna has been substituted by Lady Gaga so anything is possible. I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It stinks all right. At least we have FP4.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Was checking some older negs of mine thinking "that PX is a great great film", dropped a roll into OM-4 this morning only to read this. Crap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It still in some stores. There is stock in both locations I shop, here in Montreal. I still have 700' in the freezer so there is no need to resort to fp4 yet. I will probably go strait to acros anyway....

Shooter
    35mm
    When they dropped their B&W paper I moved to FP4 and HP5 and never looked back. Went to Ilford paper and chemistry also.

It appears they are going to continue discontinuing products before they attempt to sell what's left of their film business.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've really grown to like Fuji Acros 100. I'm also eagerly awaiting the arrival of Adox Premium 100 (AKA Agfa APX 100 part II) so there are still choices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was like a month ago. Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The Black and White scene without Plus-X. McDonald's without the Cheeseburger. Disney without Donald Duck.
    More like McDonald's without the Crispy Chicken sandwich or Disney without Hannah Montana (these might be too kind compared to their sales volume, actually).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think the aerial rolls are still available. If so, you can still buy a massive quantity...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin