Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,829   Online: 973

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will just have to live in uncertainty of what happend I guess

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take a look at the paper leader from the film. If it just has the "exposed" sticker attached to the end, I'm not sure what happened to you. If the yellow T-Max wrapper is there too, I and others here have a pretty good idea what happened .

PS: look carefully through the rest of your film, and in the camera. There may be an exposed roll hiding there.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When my cameras develop shutter problems it's usually a gradual onset--a few frames come out partially exposed, and gradually more of them show problems. It's possible that your camera shutter quit all at once and you need the proverbial CLA treatment. It seems less likely to me that you would have missed the START indicator on the wrapper when you went to roll, but heck, I once had a student who rolled the paper and left the film on the floor.
    Makes every roll that comes out right all that much sweeter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Take a look at the paper leader from the film. If it just has the "exposed" sticker attached to the end, I'm not sure what happened to you. If the yellow T-Max wrapper is there too, I and others here have a pretty good idea what happened .

PS: look carefully through the rest of your film, and in the camera. There may be an exposed roll hiding there.
    Unfortunaly its already in the bin outside with alot of other stuff i do not want to mess around in i am not sure what you are asking here when you talk about thewrapper. I am sure i saw the exposed flip on the paper leader. I cut the film right beneeth the tape which attach the paper to the film.

I developed another film right afterwards which came out fine so the shutter malfuncion fora whole film but not the next seems a bit strange.

Guess it will stay a myster

Shooter
    35mm
    The problem with an unsolved mystery is that it leaves you wondering if it can happen again because you cannot work out what you or the camera did to cause it in the first place.

I could be wrong but I think what is being hinted at is that it is possible to fit the film into the insert with the leader on the outside this covering up the film which never sees any light. Everything will seem to work and indeed everything does work except that the film is hidden from the light allowed in from the the shutter by the backing paper.

I do not have a Bronica but I have a P645N where it is very easy to load the insert with the backing paper covering the film. Doing it the correct way is not as obvious as you might think

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was hinting at something simpler - is the OP sure he didn't load and develop a film that had been taken out of the foil, but never loaded in the camera?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Did you take all frames of that empty film with the same lens? In that case you might also have a shutter problem. The GS-1 and lenses are very reliable but it's better to check this. The GS-1 has a leaf shutter in all lenses. If the shutter in one lens does not open for exposure but only for viewing this might cause the same effect.

BTW, I never had a single problem with my GS-1 equipment. It's a great camera, but a real sleeper.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin