Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,511   Online: 789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparx
    This is very interesting. I have just been given a Jobo CPE2 and was considering developing my B&W, especially the pushed films because of the time involved. I use HP5 at 3200 or 1600 in Ilfotec normally which is, off the top of my head, 16 minutes in a small tank. In your humble opinions, is it worth using the Jobo for this?
    Absolutely.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Peter, would i have to dilute the Ilfotec further. I use 1+9 but it also recommends 1+14. It also says something on the box about shortening the times if using a continuous agitation drum. The chemistry side of photography is still alchemy to me i'm afraid.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparx
    Peter, would i have to dilute the Ilfotec further. I use 1+9 but it also recommends 1+14. It also says something on the box about shortening the times if using a continuous agitation drum. The chemistry side of photography is still alchemy to me i'm afraid.
    Have you developed the film with small tank development? If so, were you happy with the contrast given? If so, try the same dilution, same temperature (in the developer!), but add a 5 minute pre-soak with water at the processing temp. That should get you very close. If the negs are too contrasty, either shorten development time, increase dilution (but keep the time the same), or lower the temperature of the developer. If you need more contrast, do the opposite.

A very good book on these issues is Ralph Lambrecht's and Chris Woodhouse's _Way Beyond Monochrome_.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I am doing a couple of films at the weekend. I will see how it goes.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin