Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,092   Online: 918

Shooter
    Multi Format

first roll developed thanks for the help

Just developed my first roll of film foma 100 120 size in xtol 1:2 dilution. It turned out pretty good considering the tape on the roll had worked loose before I developed so I lost the last 3 frames.Have to admit I got a big kick out of seeing the negs as I unspooled the roll. Just wanted to thank everyone who answered my dumb questions, now to go burn some more film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Larry and there are no truly "dumb" questions on apug.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Congrats Larry and there are no truly "dumb" questions on apug.
    This absolutely correct. Nobody, absolutely nobody, is born knowing this stuff. You have to learn it. And you have to ask questions.

Goodness knows searching the archive will reveal all kinds of posts from me asking what now seem like obvious questions. But they're only obvious when you're on the other side of the experience curve.

The hope is that once you are knowledgeable and some other new person shows up it's your turn to pass it on. We get by with a little help from our friends.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Now I have to think of a dumb question to ask - Ah, got one!

Like will anyone who has experience of lemon juice as a stop bath please tell me how they got on? - I would like to be the lemon-aide on this one, but don't have a pH meter, which would make life easy

I grow citrus trees between the veg' garden and the septic system, so I have a lot of lemons, including one at the local auto repair yard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do enjoy using medium format film.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too, but sure LF will kill that for the quality not for portability/speed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin