Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,382   Online: 772

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quick note: I posted an article about PC-Sulfite to the ascorbate-developers blog. You can see it here:
    http://ascorbate-developers.blogspot...ving-xtol.html

There are many other interesting articles in that blog, and I've learned a good deal from them over the past several months.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This PC-Sulfite formula is so simple that somebody had to have already thought of it. Well, that somebody turns out to be Peter Svensson who posted a similar formula in 2006 here in this thread. Here's his one liter formula:

Sodium sulfite ................ 64 g
    Phenidone ..................... 0.08 g
    Ascorbic acid ................. 3 g
    For comparison, I've quoted my formula below:

Quote Originally Posted by albada View Post
    Sodium sulfite ................ 90 g
    Phenidone ..................... 0.15 g
    Ascorbic acid ................. 2.8 g

Target pH = 8.2 (same as XTOL). Add 15% to XTOL's time as a starting-point.
    Given that Peter's formula has less alkali and more acid than PC-Sulfite, plus less phenidone, you should expect his formula to have a lower pH with considerably longer dev-times, and perhaps finer grain as well. Anyway, I just stumbled across his formula and wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Mark Overton

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin