Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,727   Online: 733

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No! wait.. don't throw it away... and don't use Rodinal! Neofin Blue should be most suitable, as it raises the box iso of the given film by half. Also D76 1:1 may be a help. I pushed tx400@4000 with D76 1:1 and obtained quite printable frames, but mind that Adox CHS 100 is a traditional single layer film and can be reacting to pushing process way different than Kodak Tx .
    cheers
    Dominik
    http://distantmoon.pl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A lot of people shoot it at 200 normally, don't they? I know the slower Efke emulsions are often uprated by a stop. So it may be more like a 3-stop push---which is still, however, pretty extreme. IMHO, what you want to do is develop the film to completion while keeping fog as low as possible.

Donald Qualls's "Super Soup" recipe---basically it's HC-110 dil A mixed with Dektol stock in place of water, plus some ascorbic acid and washing soda---does this quite well with faster films, but I've never tried it with a slower single-layer film and I have no idea what would happen.

If the roll in question is of any importance, I think you should do a test roll first with whatever developing regime you want to go with.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    If I had to try this I would use undiluted Ilford Microphen. In High School if film really needed a push we woulod say "Boil it in Dektol!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This has been said before but I will say it again. No developer or developing method can produce detail where none exists.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin