Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,108   Online: 936

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not shoot directly onto enlarging paper. Slow and cheap.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    One film that may be right for you is the ADOX CMS 20 , now available in 120 size . According to Fotoimpex ( Berlin ) website, it can be used down to ISO 12 but I have heard of some photographers that go even as low as ISO 4 - 6 . It may be worth trying even if it will cost a litle more to send it from Germany. I enclose a link to the website for Fotoimpex. It use to be a non-problem company to order from.
    Good luck and a Happy New Year .

Karl-Gustaf

http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/filme/s...lfilm-120.html
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Happy New Year Karl Gustaf and Nice to meet you.

Thank you for excellent tip. I know American Explorer and Photographer William Henry Jackson was using Glass 1 ASA Negatives. Details were better than todays Hasselblad pictures.

Do you think I could get similar detail from 4 ASA or is it just only slow and thats it ? I always loved the idea to use extremelly low asa films and here it is .

I will use lens with 35mm SLR Body and a Homemade Camera , 6x10 cms or wider if it is possible. When I put semi transparent paper , everything is very clear. I looked to the face of my mothers and I didnt see such a wild detail in my life , even Summmitar , Elmar and Summicron.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I have a 111mm f:1.5 Ektar large diameter lens without shutter or diaphram.
    Rosco Cinegel #3404. Should be less then $10 for a 20x24 sheet. You can double it over if it is not strong enough. It is not 'optically perfect' but neither is that lens wide open.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    You can not alter the ASA/ISO of any film. This is established by the manufacturer.
    You can alter your effective exposure index according to your equipment and method of processing.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd buy a cheap colored filter with a 3 or 4x value such as a green filter.
    And I'd rate the film at half its speed at iso 50. This way you'd shoot at an effective ISO of 12 and you'd just have to slightly underdevelop and you can expect stellar results.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

Thank you for excellent tip. I know American Explorer and Photographer William Henry Jackson was using Glass 1 ASA Negatives. Details were better than todays Hasselblad pictures.

Do you think I could get similar detail from 4 ASA or is it just only slow and thats it ? I always loved the idea to use extremelly low asa films and here it is .

I will use lens with 35mm SLR Body and a Homemade Camera , 6x10 cms or wider if it is possible. When I put semi transparent paper , everything is very clear. I looked to the face of my mothers and I didnt see such a wild detail in my life , even Summmitar , Elmar and Summicron.

Umut
    Jackson and his contemporaries used glass plates, a much more stable media than film. Also they made contact prints. these two factors alone will contribute to the difference in sharpness between their prints and enlargements from 120 film, or any other size, regardless of the quality of the lenses involved.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Why not shoot directly onto enlarging paper. Slow and cheap.
    +1 !

paper negatives would be perfect for this ...

or just overexpose your film, and contact print your negatives using the sun or a bright light onto regular enlarging paper.
    i often times expose 400 speed film as 25 speed film process and print without any worries. 4-5 stops really isn't too much for tri x,
    ( it has a 7 stop latitude .. )

good luck !
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Umut
    Hello again Umut !
    The CMS 20 is an extremely fine grained film and if exposed and developed correctly will give you outstanding results. However it is not the easiest film to handle. I have used it myself in 135 size and grain size and resolution leaves nothing more to wish for. Developing the film was a bit tricky as you need the special developer ADOX ADOTECH . In some occasions you could get uneven development on large, evenly lit highlite areas. It also requires shorter fixing time as the emulsion is very thin and curling may also be a slight problem. These problems
    can be handled without to much effort.
    When the 120 version was introduced earlier this last automn, a modified developer ADOX ADOTECH II was also introduced. From what I have read it takes care of much of the problems with uneven development but I have not tried that myself. As Jim Noel writes, a glas negative and contact printing is superior but this film and an enlarger will take you a long way if handled in the right way. You may need to use a few rolls for testing. If you want to know more about it, send a mail to ADOX/Fotoimpex. They can correspond with you in both German and English. Mirko, their manager, is regularly answering question here on APUG.
    I hope it will work for you.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 111mm f:1.5 Ektar large diameter lens without shutter or diaphram. I thought it would be fun to give film and lens long exposure times like old timers. My subjects are buildings , textures , my family and may be clouds.
    I can access Ilford FP4 and Kodak Tri X 120 Products , D76 , Ilford Phenidone and may be most widely available chemical powders from a Istanbul Seller.

Is it possible to lower the ASAs of these films to 1, 5, or so. Is there a advantage ?

My new camera will be 120,6x10cms back.

Umut
    have you ever tried to makepaper negatives?they are a lot of fun iuse ilfordmgivrcwith ayellow filter at iso 3 for contct printing
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin