Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,121   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Zeiss Super Ikonta C - 531/2

Looking for a working or easily-rebuildable Zeiss Super Ikonta C...this is the model that shoots 6x9 format. No preference on the coated or uncoated lenses...but I assume the coated lens would be preferable. Also not too picky on the Synch or Rapid shutter option. I'd prefer to find a working model, but if it's something that a CLA or mild repair could handle, I'm certainly interested.

Edit: If someone has another of the better-quality 6x9 folders, let me know. Holding out for the Zeiss unless someone talks me into something else...
    Last edited by Sundowner; 01-07-2012 at 01:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm not going to try to talk you out of an Ikonta but, I will give a hearty endorsement to the little Frankas. They shoot 6x9 natively and 6x6 with an insert.

I was in a similar position a few years ago when I ended up buying the beautiful Franka Rolfix Jr on the right in the photo below. I later bought the one on the left because it had a "better" lens. The Schneider Radionar is by all accounts better than the lowly Frankar anastigmat but, as you can see from many of the photos in my flickr stream, the frankar anastigmat is no slouch. Unfortunately, there is something wrong with the one on the left. I've run a few rolls of film through it and no matter what I do, nothing at all is ever in focus. I think that the lens is slightly too close to the film plane but, have no idea how it coiuld be....maybe there's a spacer missing? Anyway, the glass on the radionar is clean and clear - so it is not the lens.

I guess I could be talked out of the non-functional one - if you feel up to trying to get it working. Every thing else works perfectly on the camera - just that pesky focus problem....

I paid $50 for it - which is too much considering the issues that the seller failed to reveal.

let me know if you're interested maybe we can work something out.

Last edited by BradS; 01-07-2012 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why not a S. I. 530/2 ?
    It's older but much less expensive in good condition and takes also sharp pictures.
    I have the 530/2 and the 531/2 : in black and white, I don't see a great difference...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be amenable to a 530/2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any further suggestions on a good 6x9 folder are much appreciated...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A Bessa II has good ergonomics, gives you single rangefinder/viewfinder with a top-deck focusing knob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin