Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,986   Online: 680

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Shen Hao 5x7 back

Need to buy a Shen Hao 5x7 back, for 5x7 camera (not a reducing back if I can help it) -- you know, the one that is set up like an International (Graflock) back. Need to modify it to fit on my existing equipment so I can use a pano roll film back.

If you want to offer up one of their 57 reducing backs, that's fine too, but I'd hate to modify it that much -- they're beautiful pieces of work as-is.

I'll check back here periodically, or reply here and to the email address below.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

--Michael
    mhendrickso@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Shen will make custom backs for low prices. The communications are a bit tricky but it's doable. They made a beautiful 5x8 back for me for something ridiculous like $300.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that's an option. I've already started a ball rolling on that.

The problem arises, though, of communication. First, my first email got a reply after about two or three weeks. Then, I find out that to send them money (wire transfer) my bank will charge me 45 smackers. I just don't want to give the bank a free 45 smackers. I inquired as to any other possible way to send them money, and, again, no reply.

Tonight I'm working on a project to modify a back I already have. We'll see how that goes. (C'mon people, save me from myself!) Meanwhile, there's a Shen Hao 5x7 reducing back for a 4x10 camera that I might just spring for and modify, which would cost me about the same as if I got a stock back from Shen Hao directly, including shipping, without the free bank money.

I suppose that I can just swallow hard and cut the thing up, even though I hate to do that to a nice piece of equipment like that. But what the hey -- what we do for our art, eh?

Or, maybe this project will work out tonight.

Meanwhile, anybody else? Solutions to the problem? Shen Hao 5x7 back you're not using??? ....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin