Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,501   Online: 921

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: 6x6 or 6x4.5 Medium Format Camera - $300

Hello all,

I've recently been wanting to get into medium format; something I've flirted with for some time now, but have yet to just pull the trigger. I'd love to get a reliable body with a standard lens in good shooter condition for $250.

That being said, my budget is somewhat flexible, but realistically I'd like to keep it under $300. I could go up another $100 for the right deal. If you've got something in the ballpark, drop me a line.

I'm partial to mechanical cameras, and cosmetic condition is of no real importance. If it takes great photographs but looks like it's been to hell and back, that's ok as long as everything functions properly, within reasonable tolerances.

I'd like to go no slower than f/2.8 on the lens, meterless is OK, and a waist-level finder is preferable. I'm leaning towards SLRs (something I can grow with), but am open to hearing about Rolleiflexes or folders with rangefinders. No mammoths please, like the Mamiya C330 for example, and nothing that requires mercury batteries to function properly.

Some examples of an ideal camera would be the Pentacon Six, a well outfitted Kiev 6C, a very well used Hasselblad or Rolleiflex (dreaming?), a Mamiya M645 (bonus points for a f/1.9) or a Rollei SL66..... if you're feeling charitable that is! What else am I forgetting??

I also have a couple things I'd be willing to offer as trade:

- Pentax Spotmatic SP in excellent mechanical & cosmetic condition with a Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4. The meter appears to be dead, and the lens has yellowed slightly (thorium baby!) but it is a flawless camera otherwise.

- Oriental 8x10" Archival Film Washer - perfect condition, very nice. I'm apprehensive about trading this, but for the right thing....

- Electric guitar: a very cool 70's Stratocaster clone with modern Fender Mexican electronics (inquire within).

- Kodak EIR Color Infrared Film - 35mm, 3 rolls (IIRC).

thanks for taking the time to read my ad!
    Last edited by holmburgers; 01-16-2012 at 01:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I was going to suggest a Pentax 645 from KEH, but all the manual focus 75mm lenses have evaporated from their inventory!
    Bob

Shooter
    Large Format
    May I suggest a really clean Mamiya C-220F? It is considerably lighter than the C-330 and in my experience, more reliable too.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...ml#post1286825

Otherwise, there was a really nice Kowa Six offered here not too long ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    6x6 inches? Tough one... :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Crap.. fixed the inches problem...

Brad, I will think about the Mamiya which I admit is a very appealing camera. I fear it's just a bit too big, and maybe I'm secretly holding out for an SLR.

Let me think about it, and I really appreciate the offer regardless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by olleorama View Post
    6x6 inches? Tough one... :P
    Ben

ags

Shooter
    35mm
    There is someone selling a yashicamat 124 G for $200 on the for sale page. I have one and love it. Just an FYI

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip ags.

By the way, I really like the Kowa Six...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Huh?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    ....By the way, I really like the Kowa Six...
    me too....did you see this one?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...condition.html

disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the seller....but I do notice he sells a lot of really clean stuff at fair prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin