Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: for a friend ... Mamiya RZ grip (on the cheap).

Checked KEH for her and the BARGAIN price is $115!!! If anyone has one they don't want anymore and can beat that price, let me know and I"ll relay it to her...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most of the older style plain "L" grips from the 645's and TLRs will work but if you are talking the electronic controlled RZ one those can get pricey. I have the adjustable angle non electronic model.

I'll let Matt come and tell us which of the older L grips will work. Those are a dime a dozen if you don't need the electronic connection for the shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess I have a reputation

Sadly, I know nothing about the grips for the RZ.

Looking at the manuals though, it may be that the mechanical release grips for the RB67/C330 would fit and work.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I know is that it's not the pro II (whatever that means).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Pro/Pro II designation makes no difference grip wise.
    The info is out there as I was looking at 645 grips when I was in the market for one for my RZ.
    I can't recall atm which ones will fit.
    These can be had for around 30 bills.

Matt I'm surprised you don't know this Mamiya tidbit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay - its the pro model. $30 would be fantastic! Please do let me know what you find out!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sure they always say "it's for a friend". We know you bought another kit and don't want to admit your GAS...he, kidding, couldn't resist
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haha! I've definitely been in a spree lately, but it's been for my mamiya 7 or the blad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    The Pro/Pro II designation makes no difference grip wise.
    The info is out there as I was looking at 645 grips when I was in the market for one for my RZ.
    I can't recall atm which ones will fit.
    These can be had for around 30 bills.

Matt I'm surprised you don't know this Mamiya tidbit
    Bruce - if I had an RZ or had shopped for one I might very well have that tidbit.

Actually, much of my Mamiya knowledge came the hard way - I learned it before I discovered APUG. In one case by buying an entire camera because the grip I bought didn't fit the camera I had.

From what I can tell by looking at manuals on Mike Butkus' site, the RZ dedicated grips are ones that connect by cord to the RZ's electronic shutter release and flash synch - much like the dedicated grips for the Mamiya 645 Super and (with a different connector) the Mamiya 645 Pro/Pro Tl.

If one doesn't need that electronic connection, it's just a case of whether the grips physically fit and, possibly, whether a mechanical trigger lines up with the RZ's shutter release.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format

good luck

Finding the electronic L-grip for RZ for under $100 is a challenge. There are at least 2 or 3 mechanical ones that will work, that were made for RZ/RB, but most of these are heavier, and won't work with a winder attached. The best mechanical one is the multi-angle grip, but it's rather heavy. I wish the electronic one was as well-built as that one, but it's not. However, with the electronic integration, you can use it with a winder or anything else, since it doesnt' require physical placement to trigger the shutter button.

Good luck. it's a great accessory, and really helps when using the RZ handheld.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin