Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,697   Online: 789

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BGudas View Post
    Thanks all for the kind offers and advice. I think I am going to ask dean jones (of razzle fame) to build me an obsession 617 to leverage my existing LF glass. Thanks again regards bg
    Good luck getting a response… But I digress.

Why not look at the Shen Hao? It uses Linhof-style boards and has full movements.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a canham 5x7 with both 45 and 57 backs plus the motorized 617 film back.... check out the specs on keith canham's website. The shen hao only has 325 mm bellows draw ( approx) but the
    canham is huge. Much better construction... and I am thinking of selling mine. Throw the 4x5 back on and you have lots more options. Having lens movements and wider/longer lens options makes
    all the difference in the world. I have owned a fuji and there are limitations. I have an art pan metal 617 with a nikkor 90 and it is a big point and shoot... but nothing like the canham. Look at Danny Burk and his pano work.... he likes the canham for its ability to use the 500 and 720 tele nikkors.
    If the Canham interests you, let me know. I am looking for $2800 for everything - camera/two backs/gglass protectors/617 film back.
    Cheers, Richard

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    For every pano photographer shooting with a 720mm lens, I will show you 1000 shooting with less than 320mm bellow draw...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got ahold of dean and the process is well underway now, going with a Schneider SA 90 5.6. Thanks again for all the advice, I decided against the Shen-hao because i have an 8x10 and if I really need the movements I can go that route with my split frame. Thanks again for the help and insight
    Regards brian

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.007043,-86.172514

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin