Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,450   Posts: 1,570,114   Online: 924

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wtb 617 camera using 120

Hi, looking for something like a Fuji g617 or similar 120 camera that I can do some good pano work with... Not really looking for a large format solution at this point. Love to hear about what you have and what you are asking. Cash or trade good with me (Leica, rolleiflex, Nikon, etc)

Thanks brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BGudas View Post
    Hi, looking for something like a Fuji g617 or similar 120 camera that I can do some good pano work with... Not really looking for a large format solution at this point. Love to hear about what you have and what you are asking. Cash or trade good with me (Leica, rolleiflex, Nikon, etc)

Thanks brian
    Just saw one tonight at Jim's Campus Camera in downtown San Luis Obispo. Here's the info:

Fuji G617 Panoramic camera

• 105mm f/8 lens
    • Fuji center filter GX617
    • original case
    • Shoots 2Ό x 6½ cm frames
    • Fits 4 frames onto 120 film
    • Fits 8 frames onto 220 film

$1,799.80 Consigned

If you're interested, you can call them. Here's the site address where you can see the used equipment inventory: http://www.jimscamera.com/Used_Equipment_Inventory.htm

The camera looked nice from the vantage point you can see standing (it is up high in the front window). I've bought two cameras from Jim's, and I have always gotten a good deal and they do not sell junk. Even though this is consigned, they wouldn't touch it unless it was in real good condition.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And my sideways sort-of-answer to your question is to consider looking out for a Fotoman 617?

I've got one and build quality is great (every bit as good as my Pentax and Mamiya medium format), built to last, and they have manual knobs to tighten film which keeps film base very tight and flat for pin-sharp exposures. I borrowed a Fuji gx617 and found the film rewind lever did not achieve as much tension with the film.

Hope this helps,
    Gavin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Another vote for the Fotoman 617. I purchased my camera 6 years ago. Build quality workman like but adds to the robustness when carring it around in photobags that are unceremoniously dumped at the picture location. Another bonus is the fact that you can use Large Format lenses with it. I have a 75mm lens attached to it (Fuji GX617 only goes as wide as 90mm). Only uses 120 film, not 220.
    Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow that does look interesting for a GX, I will give them a call as soon as the west coast opens for business. Thanks a lot for the heads up

regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    Just saw one tonight at Jim's Campus Camera in downtown San Luis Obispo. Here's the info:

Fuji G617 Panoramic camera

• 105mm f/8 lens
    • Fuji center filter GX617
    • original case
    • Shoots 2Ό x 6½ cm frames
    • Fits 4 frames onto 120 film
    • Fits 8 frames onto 220 film

$1,799.80 Consigned

If you're interested, you can call them. Here's the site address where you can see the used equipment inventory: http://www.jimscamera.com/Used_Equipment_Inventory.htm

The camera looked nice from the vantage point you can see standing (it is up high in the front window). I've bought two cameras from Jim's, and I have always gotten a good deal and they do not sell junk. Even though this is consigned, they wouldn't touch it unless it was in real good condition.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gavin and Rob, Fotoman is a very interesting option I will pursue. I have some LF lenses and that would be a bonus to interchange for sure.

Thanks for the reference, I really appreciate the insight

Thanks
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    And my sideways sort-of-answer to your question is to consider looking out for a Fotoman 617?

I've got one and build quality is great (every bit as good as my Pentax and Mamiya medium format), built to last, and they have manual knobs to tighten film which keeps film base very tight and flat for pin-sharp exposures. I borrowed a Fuji gx617 and found the film rewind lever did not achieve as much tension with the film.

Hope this helps,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone have any experience with the Shen-Hao 617's? looks like another strong contender at 1600 if you already have a lens investment
    thanks
    bg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you're still considering the Fuji's, see here:
    http://www.markdentonphotographic.co.uk/sales.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two GX617 bodies, one is BRAND NEW, never used, and the other has been used lightly and is in excellent shape. I also have a 105mm, 180mm and 300mm lenses for them, with finders and a center filter for the 105mm. I also have the ground glass for them. If you are looking for a ready to go system, contact me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks all for the kind offers and advice. I think I am going to ask dean jones (of razzle fame) to build me an obsession 617 to leverage my existing LF glass. Thanks again regards bg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin