Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,482   Online: 904

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

WTB Triangular rail for 4x5 Graflex

I want to mount my 4x5 Graphic View for a special shot, and would like to cut the rail to a minimum length. Naturally, I don't want to cut the only one I have. Looking for one (it doesn't have to be in good condition at all) to butcher. Mine is 1 1/4" aluminum.
    duane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A bit cludgy, but could you use a piece of angle iron? Not sure if you could find the right size.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you could get it to lock down on angle iron or aluminum that would sure be better than chopping up an original
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may find that a local machine shop could mill a length of aluminum angle iron stock for a reasonable cash price. They may not be all that busy.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    A bit cludgy, but could you use a piece of angle iron? Not sure if you could find the right size.
    I tentatively tried that first -- the angle iron I had on hand was too big -- both too thick and (although it's nominally 1 1/4") too wide. I may see if a piece of formed steel angle (as opposed to hot-rolled or cold-rolled angle) might work, since it will be lighter gauge.
    duane

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    How long a rail do you need? I have a Graphic View I with a 14" rail without a tripod mounting block that might get butchered for wide angle use only. For that, the rail would be shortened considerably. Maybe there is enough for both of us. What part of Kansas do you live in? I'll be in Kansas City KS three times next month

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    How long a rail do you need? I have a Graphic View I with a 14" rail without a tripod mounting block that might get butchered for wide angle use only. For that, the rail would be shortened considerably. Maybe there is enough for both of us. What part of Kansas do you live in? I'll be in Kansas City KS three times next month
    I'm needing about 9" ... which probably wouldn't leave enough for the two of us. I do have another offer, however, so ... thanks for the consideration.
    duane

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin