Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,735   Online: 783

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB - 8x10 Camera (cheap)

I'm looking for a beater 8x10 camera of almost any description. I have an old C.C. Harrison lens here which is great on a 4x5 but I want to stick it on an an 8x10 and really let it go to work.

I don't care what kind of camera it is, I don't care what it looks like, I don't care if the bellows have holes or if it has "significant polish marks", hammer marks or has taken a fall off a small building. As long as I'm able to stick a lens on the front and film in the back it should do the trick. At some point I'd like to give wet plate photography a go and this would be used for that as well.

"Sell me your tired, your poor, Your huddled camera yearning to breathe free..."

The Lens

This would look better on 8x10...
    Last edited by illumiquest; 03-12-2012 at 07:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Holy crap that's a nice lens / photo made by the lens...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm trying to understand what the pics have to do with your request to purchase. I DO like the pics!! I just don't understand how they fit in with your post unless you're too shy to do a little outright bragging... which those images deserve!!!

BTW... is the young lady single??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess the images are just to show what I have and what I'm going to do with the potential new camera body. The lens needs a bigger negative to truly shine.

And yes, she is single. Good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The girl reminds me of a young lady I saw in a movie recently. Oh yeah... the movie was called "Mystery Men" and she played a waitress who caught the eye and heart of one of the main characters... Ben Stiller, I think. What a sweetheart!! The gal, not Ben!!

Uhh... but wait... we were discussing cameras... or something... right?

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Don't rush,

A too cheap camera could be frustrating, the camera you need will have to have a strong front standard and have a smooth rear focusing standard

So, given your pix, I suggest a Sinar F or P 10x8" back and bellows, that way you won't have to buy the whole kit - If this is too expensive at the moment wait, you still have 5x4"

Also, staying with Sinar means you can get a Sinar-Copal Shutter to improve exposure consistency at wide apertures, where your object of optical grandure will best display itself
    Last edited by John Austin; 03-13-2012 at 10:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Or you could save some trouble and sell me that lens (Cheap).

Shooter
    Large Format

8x10

I've got a cheap, but better than beater 8x10, but:

If that's the lens you're going to use we should talk first.

Rochester camera & maybe a bit frail to hold up that glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lecarp View Post
    Or you could save some trouble and sell me that lens (Cheap).
    There are a few pieces I come across which I won't sell for awhile, A Widelux was one, an M2 was another and this is the third. I'd been looking for an old portrait lens for about five years and while I came across a few none really clicked with me. This is just a treat to use and the results are priceless.

jhw

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quantify 'cheap' I've a Kodak 2D that seems to fit your bill, and it has the sliding tripod block and extension rack...and a 8x10>4x5 reducing back. It also has pinholes, over which I just drape a cloth. This was going to go up on LFF this weekend...so I can't go fire-sale price...but would be happy to try and help someone out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin