Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,869   Online: 878

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

8x10 film holders for antique wooden field camera

not sure the maker of my camera, I've had it ages and have yet to gather everything to try it. I'm still in need of film holders .- I guess wooden ones like the camera? it has a #25 on the bottom but that's all I know. I'm learning slowly
    sorry for the crappy cell phone shot- this is the camera-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fieldcameraphoto.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	48323
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like a Korona, but I'm no expert. I'm sure others can help. My suggestion is to re-label the title of this thread w/ a "WTB 8x10 wood film holders" so people know what you are looking for.

Then ask for help identifying your camera by starting a new thread in one of the other forum titles, like "Large Format Cameras and Accessories".

Good luck,
    jody

Shooter
    Large Format
    I might have some that would work.

PM me for details.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi! In the WTB category I figured I could post what I WTB so I titled what I was looking for-next time I'll type out more so there isn't confusion. Thanks- I'm not concerned with the maker of the camera, wanted to post to show it for the type of holder I'm looking for. This is the first time I've posted in this area of the forum so I may not do things right.

Anonymous, I'll PM you, thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks! I'm joining over there too!

Yes, it looks like a Korona and will take modern film holders as well as vintage wooden holders. Modern plastic holders have the advantage of being far less likely to warp than wooden holders. Wooden holders are more compact and lighter, and, yes, will look "right" with your camera. Good luck with your search, there are a lot of old holders out there. The trick is to find the good ones!

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks I think I've got some lined up. A mix of old and new that are from a fellow apuger. I'm on the search for 12" 300 lens still now... will post a thread for that now too LOL

There is one for sale on the LF forum, a 305mm G-Claron, which is a great lens (I own one.) I know the seller and he's an honest guy, and the price is spot on. It is a process lens, so at f/9 it is slower than other lenses, and for that reason only might not be ideal for portraiture, but I use mine all the time for landscape and architecture. It is capable of covering an 11x14" negative, so plenty of covering power for 8x10.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi! I've got a lens & shutter purchased from a fellow lg. format member. He's getting a lens board all ready for it as well which is very kind of him. It's a Wollensak Velostigmat 9 1/2" Series II f4.5 in a Betax 4 shutter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin