Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,683   Online: 930

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Leitz/Leica IXMOO cassettes

I am looking for several or many... like the ones on the right hand side:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cassettes-L.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	48612
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is so great about them?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is so great about them?
    The one reason i use Filca in my Barnack is you can use them over & over with no worries of scratching the emulsion because there is no felt.
    I also use the Nikon versions in my F for bulk loading.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Bruce, I start looking for Nikon F2 cassettes recently. Only one I found on EB was 60 or 70$. Way to much! What is your experience, what is real price for it? Will need few for Leica too!

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    At least here in Germany the Leitz cassettes were very popular. There were also Agfa cassettes, quite similar. There were also "daylight packs", e.g. film on a spool that you could insert into a used film cartridge in the dark.

Until well into the sixties film was very expensive here, so people tried everything to reduce film costs. Today, most bulk film is more expensive than ready-made 135/36 cassettes, with very few exceptions. I like to shoot Orwo moviestock film, and that is only available in rolls starting at 100', and pretty cheap.

Today, the going price for Leitz cassettes is about 3-10 Euros (4-13 USD), even on e(xpensive)bay. There are some vendors who want $50 for one of them, of course, but such auctions end with zero bids

Regarding Nikon cassettes, I never saw one.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I think Nikon made 2 types of cassettes. One for their RF's and Nikon F and another for F2. Not sure what is the difference between them. Price of cassettes in Germany sounds reasonable. If you find some extra I'm interested. Yes, movie stock ORWO is interesting film, not cheap here in North America, more or less in line with Ilford and Kodak. They (ORWO) have necessary equipment to package 135/36ex cassettes but for some reason not interested to do it???

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Today I spoke to a dealer, he sends me 20+ IXMOOs at 10 Euros each. I also have 2 FILCAs in their original aluminium containers. I think I do not need 20 IXMOOs, and I don't need FILCAs at all. So, if you want them... however, shipping fees could be a problem again.

I have no idea whether Orwo has equipment to package 135/36ex cassettes, but there are companies that offer packaging films as a service. In the last months I used a lot of Orwo films, and I find rolling my own films from bulk rolls is really simple. The next roll will be a 400' size, that is much cheaper per 36ex film. The other brand that offers bulk film at reasonable prices is Efke. The Efke 50 is a good film, I like the look. But what I would really like to get is Tmax 400 - but bulk is more expensive than ready-made cartridges...

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you CMO!
    In few weeks we will have local camera swap meeting here so maybe I will be able to find some IXMOO cassettes there, but my experience is that I almost never find there what I'm exactly looking for.
    Unfortunately I do not have any screw mount Leica for FILCAs, just M2.
    Lets please talk about IXMOO in a month or so?

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Funny, I just saw on Flickr that you will use the cassettes for the same type of films :-)

I will have about 10-20 IXMOOS next week and will check them, then I will contact you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm also looking for 5 or 6 IXMOOs.

If anyone has a few extras, I'd be happy to pony up at a reasonable price (i.e., not $50 per!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin