Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,212   Online: 869

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Lenses for two 9x12 plate cameras

I'm looking for cheap and cheerful lenses for two German pre WWII 9x12 plate cameras need to be in a working shutter and preferably 135mm-150mm.

A couple of free Heliars would be the unhoped for dream More realistically Triplets/Tessar (or Tessar type) in a Compur preferably but Ibsor, Prontor or Varia OK.

Ian

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Ian,

I once promised myself never to sell any Voigtlander lenses, but I have a good (see test result below) 1930 Skopar in dial set Compur 1 shutter that I sit with in my cave and call my Precious - Time to give that up

The Skopar is oddly a better lens than the Heliar, I have two Heliars and know it to be a problematic design in some respects - However it is this very feature, I think residual spherical aberration, that makes them such a versatile and desired lens - Mine are not for sale and at 36cm and 240mm not suitable for your reconstruction

Not free, I would part with the Skopar for Au$128 + postage - Any less and I would prefer to keep it

There is a 135mm Schneider Radionar in shutter for $35.00 plus postage in Denmark, I will go through my PMs and let you have the seller's contact - I bought a spare Sinar rail from him, it, the deal and the packing were all perfect - I have to send that as a separate post as I have typed too much here to loose - Back in a few minutes

John

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I am back,

The seller is Mads Loman and his contact is

http://www.apug.org/forums/members/loman/

Re: Sinar rails

Hi John
    Yes it's (Schneider Radeionar) still available. It's 20 pounds plus 15 pounds for shipping it to australia.
    Did you recieve the sinar rail yet?

The add is (or sas) here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-radionar.html

Kind Regards
    Mads

The Skopar neg scan is here - No it isn't, I forgot that I can only get images to load as links on APUG PMs

Let me know how you get on
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John, I've sent a PM regarding the Radionar.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Ian: what camera(s) are we talking about?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    Ian: what camera(s) are we talking about?
    An Erneman and my spare Patent Etui. I'm also after backs forthem as well.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have no experience with them, but www.mwclassic.com has some possibly cheerful but maybe not rock bottom priced lenses in shutters, along with a few tempting plate camera wrecks...
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I have no experience with them, but www.mwclassic.com has some possibly cheerful but maybe not rock bottom priced lenses in shutters, along with a few tempting plate camera wrecks...
    Thanks, they do have possible lenses but their shipping costs are a touch high for small items as they use DHL rather than the Postal system. Actually I look at their website every Friday evening just after it gets updated

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin