Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,241   Online: 875

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid 405 darkslide(only darkslide)

Hey all,

I'm looking for the DARKSLIDE ONLY for a Polaroid 405 back. Metal or plastic, but metal is greatly preferred due to long-term durability.

Please send me a PM with your asking price, including shipping to California, and if you're open to offers price-wise.

I can send Paypal, personal check or Postal Money Orders.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep this US based, as I'd like go get using it quickly, unless the price is really low

T.I.A.,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a problem with my original plastic one - it leaked light though visually intact - and made one from the plastic that is often used as a stiffener at the bottom of reusable shopping bags. I also made one from aluminum flashing. Both work great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a spare darkslide, but here are some measurements...if that will help.

Width (or height) is just a bit shy of 8.9cm, (maybe 88.5mm to 88.7mm).
    Start wide...then draw-file or block-sand for a perfect fit.

Length is at least 14.3cm.
    You could run this measurement longer, for a handle/grip...if you want.
    I would...by about a 1/2 inch.

Thickness is no more then average matchbook cardboard.
    (Sorry, I don't have my calipers handy).

Marc
    Last edited by Marc B.; 04-24-2012 at 04:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks Whitey, I'll make a trip to H.D. to see what I can find!

Thanks Marc, those dimension will be handy. I like metal darkslides, and IIRC, I've experience the light leaking issue like you mentioned on a prior 405 back I owned.

I'll be making the D/S for this back a little longer, so its easier to grab than the stock size one.

-Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin