Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,092   Online: 1171

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Small screw from Graflex Graphic 4x5 large format camera

Wonder if anyone can help me out; I'm looking for a small screw, it is part of the slider which holds the film holder in place.

I have added pictures of where the screw comes from and also and an image of what the screw looks like.

I am in Australia, but with such a small part postage should not be too expensive. Please let me know if you have this part and how much you would like to sell it for.

Many thanks.

pentax 6x7,canon eos 300, crown graphic 4x5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If that screw is as tiny as I think it might be, you could give an optician a try. That's where I got one for my Canon's base plate and they simply gave it to me as a spare that was lying around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What you are looking for is called a "shoulder screw" [in the antipodes it may be called an "ankle screw"...] or "shoulder bolt".

Available from all sorts of suppliers. I have no idea if they have the right size, but a US supplier is Keystone: http://www.keyelco.com/products/specs/spec127.asp - they have international representation, but I don't know the stocking status of English/US thread fasteners in Australia.

Googling turns up Aussie suppliers but they seem to be geared to the agricultural machinery sort of bolts. You may be able to re-tap the hole and use a metric fastener.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    If that screw is as tiny as I think it might be, you could give an optician a try.
    The OP's screw is called a "shoulder screw". Opticians don't use them.

This is probably a #4 or #6. I should have one in stock. I'll check.

Can you provide the dimensions (shoulder diameter and length and head diameter)?

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thankyou for the help so far, i have attached a picture of the screw dimensions in mm. I do not know what the thread is though,. (dimensions are as close as i can get with a 1mm incriment ruler)

i do not think the height of the shouldering region is so important looking at the function it has on the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also note that there is a flat washer associated with that screw... between the slide lock and the back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No one has any graflex parts for sale? :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NDP_2010 View Post
    thankyou for the help so far, i have attached a picture of the screw dimensions in mm. I do not know what the thread is though,. (dimensions are as close as i can get with a 1mm incriment ruler)

i do not think the height of the shouldering region is so important looking at the function it has on the camera.

Not likely metric

The smallest SAE size that Keystone and McMaster Carr show is 4-40, which is larger than the 2mm in diameter requested.

I needed a similar metric screw for the sliding lock on my Durst negative carrier. I used the appropriate sized conventional screw and a small piece of metal tubing for the shoulder.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-04-2012 at 01:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thats a good idea, I might try that with the metal tubing

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin