Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,334   Online: 1039

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: Tamron adaptall II Pentax K mount adapter

I need a K mount adapter for a Tamron lens, this is for a fellow APUG member in Istanbul.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You can easily find such an adapter on e-Bay for some 15$. (I don't know whether I am allowed to say so).
    Here's a link:
    http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_...All-Categories

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The cheap ones do not convey aperture information or allow diaphragm actuation. All they do is allow a Tamron lens to be mounted on a Pentax body. That's fine for mirror lenses, but not for others.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    The cheap ones do not convey aperture information or allow diaphragm actuation. All they do is allow a Tamron lens to be mounted on a Pentax body. That's fine for mirror lenses, but not for others.
    You're correct and I'm looking for a Tamron mount not a cheap 3rd party one. Found a number of Tamron mounts in a photo store yesterday but not a PK mount, so I'm still looking.

I'm also after a Canon EOS mount, and they were made

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The one I found for cheap perfectly works with two Tamron adaptalls. Focus to infinity for both and both allows light measurement.

The problems with adapters is mainly related for to the ones that change the focal flange distance. For instance, some adapters are used for mounting M42 lenses on K mount bodies, and in some cases, the adapters modifies the flange focal distance and then the focus to infinity is not possible.

So far, the Tamron adaptall system is basically designed to fit every system.

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Last edited by Photo-gear; 05-24-2012 at 01:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    The one I found for cheap perfectly works with two Tamron adaptalls. Focus to infinity for both and both allows light measurement.
    It's one thing to work; another to work perfectly. Perfectly means it works like the original. The knock-offs are not the same; they are very limited. And the adapter would have to be outright defective if it did not focus to infinity.

I have an older Adaptall lens I bought 35 years ago which would allow metering in stop-down mode with one of those knock-offs, if I didn't mind sliding the manual/auto diaphragm switch to M to meter and to shoot at the desired aperture. It would work, but not as well as with the genuine adapter, which allows open-aperture metering and auto diaphragm.

A quick look at the genuine adapters on that page and the cheap knock-offs shows that the cheap ones only physically adapt. The cheap adapters all lack the mechanisms necessary to convey aperture information to the body and actuate the diaphragm. It is obvious by looking at the pictures. On the genuine adapters those mechanisms are clearly visible; on the knock-offs they are obviously missing. The only Tamron lenses with which those mechanisms are not needed are mirror lenses.

The problems with adapters is mainly related for to the ones that change the focal flange distance. For instance, some adapters are used for mounting M42 lenses on K mount bodies, and in some cases, the adapters modifies the flange focal distance and then the focus to infinity is not possible.
    Completely irrelevant. That's a different type of adapter. Those adapters allow mounting fixed-mount lenses onto bodies with a different type of mount. With rare exception (e.g., a Fuji-made M42 to Fuji X-mount) those adapters also eliminate all interaction between lens and body except for physical mounting.

Adaptall, Adaptall II, Adaptamatic, T, T4, TX, and others, are interchangeable-mount lenses with proprietary adapters which allow them to mount onto a variety of camera makes. They do not have flange distance issues. The knock-offs only would if they were not made right.

So far, the Tamron adaptall system is basically designed to fit every system.
    Most, not all. But some adapters are very hard to find now.
    Last edited by lxdude; 05-24-2012 at 09:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So lxdude after hijacking my WTB advert you're going to post me an Adaptall II PK mount

Seriously I still need a PK mount adapter.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oops!

I only have one- if I had two I'd send you one...sorry.

HEY EVERYBODY! IAN NEEDS A GENUINE TAMRON ADAPTALL II ADAPTER FOR K-MOUNT!!!!
    (would an original Adaptall work for you?)

OH, AND HE ALSO NEEDS ONE FOR CANON EOS!!!
    (good luck on that one...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a few genuine Adaptall 2 mounts, I will have a look and see if I have a spare PK mount, I know I have a couple of PKA mounts but would prefer to keep them.

Watch this space!

Apologies, I have had a look through my 'mounts' box and apart from the PKA mounts on my 90mm f2.5 Macro and 17mm SP I only have the following:

2x Olympus OM, 1x Nikon AI, 2x M42 (one on a 80-210 f3.5 and one on a 28mm f2.5) and another PKA.

Sorry, I thought I also had a PK too!
    Last edited by Ed Bray; 05-25-2012 at 01:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A PKA would do I think

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin