Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,965   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB Older flash unit with small cable that connects to front of old lens

It would be a flash for a cold shoe with cable that plugs into an old camera on the lens. I used to have a couple of these years ago, long since gone. I forget the specific name for these cables. Today most flash units are for hotshoes with no mini cable to plug in flash.
    Thanks 2bits
    Will also trade a more modern flash unit for the older one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are pc adaptors that would connect to the hot shoe of the flash converting it to a lead, they are around £5 GBP over here, should be available your side of the pond
    Richard

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Vivitar 283 is the "classic". They're all over Ebay. Make sure you get one that's complete with battery case and door, and the cable you're describing for PC socket to flash. They worked with cable or hot shoe, so many users with hot shoe, lost the cables. I took a box of them to the dump 3 weeks ago.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also purchase a small hotshoe to pc cord adapter. Very useful for flashes without the sync port.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm just looking for the flash w/ syc cord. Hopefully someone here might have one.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    how 'bout a Vivitar 283 w/2 sync cords for $40.?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good recommendation, and the 283/285 with the factory foot disconnect the hot shoe terminal when you plug in the sync cord.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob, Thanks for the info, it will be used in a cold shoe anyway. That's all I need it for.
    2bits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most older flashes that use a miniature phono plug disconnect the hot shoe center contact. Flashes that use a pc type socket, same as on the camera, or what's known as the household socket, looks just like a two blade 120 vac socket, Don't. I do have one with a permanently attached cord and a hot shoe connection, it does turn off the hot shoe connection when you remove the cord end from the flash body clip, as there is a switch hiding in the hole on the flash body for the cord end pc plug.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Found what I needed in an old Argus automatic 9138. Didn't realize I still had it. Deep down in a box!
    Thanks everyone,
    2bits

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin