Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,973   Posts: 1,632,776   Online: 999

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB Small rangefinder unit that attaches to cold shoe.

Now I'm looking for a small uncoupled rangefinder unit that attaches to a cold shoe, or by other means.
    Thanks 2bits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are several listed on eBuy at this moment. Look for "accessory rangefinder" under "cameras & photo." Prices look a little high to me, but I might be wrong about that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Certo6 has a good refurbished Voightlander shoe rangefinder for sale on the 'bay. One of the few sellers you know you can trust to have a quality item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290725820356
    Last edited by kerne; 06-10-2012 at 04:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
    Now I'm looking for a small uncoupled rangefinder unit that attaches to a cold shoe, or by other means.
    Thanks 2bits
    I'm probably way behind the times with this, but for a while I seem to remember that Fotoman Camera, Ltd. was continuing to sell off remaining merchandise after they went out of business in mid-2009. At one time they were offering this small auxiliary rangefinder unit marked down to US$125. However, I don't know their current status, if any, except that their website is still around.

Ken
    "There is very limited audience for the arty stuff, and it is largely comprised of other arty types, most of whom have no money to spend because no one is buying their stuff either. More people bring their emotions to an image than bring their intellect. The former are the folks who have checkbooks because they are engineers, accountants, and bankers—and generally they are engineers, accountants and bankers because they are not artists."

— Amanda Tomlin, Looking Glass Magazine, 2014

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Will check on ebay.
    2bits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might try looking for a Watameter. Out of production but simple to calibrate, reasonably accurate and can be had for about $25 (or less).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thornhill,
    Thanks for the tip. I saw something on them the other day and will go check it out.
    2bits

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin