Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,344   Online: 889

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jupiter lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would appear that I am still looking for the Jupiter 9 lens. Anyone ??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    Hard to beat a CARL ZEISS MC S (SONNAR) 135MM 1:3.5
    I would think
    I have one in M42 mount. I like it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    How do people like theses lenses ? I ran into Russian glass when I got a Helios 44-2 58. I liked the bokeh that it had. Looks of a solid metal with a nice coating on the lenses.
    I like mine a lot (in M42). I use it primarily for informal portraits of friends and family. One thing, though - the M42 version has a manual aperture ring - eg, you turn the manual aperture ring to open it up wide open to compose and focus, then set your preferred minimum aperture on the ring further to the front, then turn the ring again to close the aperture to the aperture you set earlier. This takes some practice to do it smoothly and reasonably quickly. It only is an issue with me when I'm trying to take a shot of children - they move too fast Mine's not for sale, though

I recently scored a Sonnar 135 f/3.5 locally that has an automatic aperture - I have to say it's much faster, but in some cases so far the 135mm is somewhat too long for indoor informal portraits. If I could find a Sonnar 85mm with automatic aperture that didn't cost an arm and a leg, that would probably be the ideal lens for me. But, until then, the Jupiter-9 will suffice.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an 85/2 that I use on a Canon RF that does great with b/w film. The images seem softer with less contrast in color, but in b/w it has different quality, probably from the lack of coating. I don't want to give mine up although I haven't it much lately. I use several M42 lenses on my EOS digital that I get good quality with even though at times I have difficulty focusing a manual focus lens. I think one can get good results from these lenses for an artistic image when printed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I guess it will have to be Eblay. Still have to check a few more locals before I have to resort to sellers from Russia. And yes I will be using it with b&w film for artistic prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes..... Still looking. Someone must have one they stored away and forgot about it until this post came up.. ;o)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news. I HAVE 1 COMING IN THE MAIL from Anscojohn. Thanks everyone for the input and thanks to APUG for letting this happen and of course John. Donation added.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin