Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 749

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

WTB: Jobo Processor

Im looking for a Jobo processor. I recently decided I was going to start processing my own E6 at home, when I purchased 3 5L kodak single use E6 Kits. Unfortunately I cant find any used ones locally, so I thought I'd see if anyone on APUG had one they wanted to part ways with. Thanks!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Before you buy do some research here and on the LF Forum.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/index.php
    The serial # is quite important. At some number a more powerful motor was installed. You will have to find or maybe someone here can remember. Many older models have had the motor upgraded. The new motor runs at a faster speed, so your settings must reflect this. If you want to use the 3000 Expert tanks or process ULF you may need a volume of chemistry above the recommended max of one ltr. The newer stronger motor can be important for that. Research before you buy.

The tanks can be quite expensive. I have seen the Expert tank for 8x10 sell for more than $400. Try to find a Jobo with all the accessories you plan to use in the foreseeable future. For instance I started using Jobo with 4x5, moved to 8x10 and added 7x17 in 7-8 years. Knowing what you will do may be the hardest part of the research.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    SN only relevant to CPA\CPP processors:
    20001-21999 second production run - double bearing motor
    22000 onwards stronger motor and DC board (same as in ATL machines).
    Very few machines were ever converted to the new motor.
    The new motor spins at exactly the same speeds\dial setting.

CPE2+ processors also have an improved\stronger motor design then CPE2 machines, but both have the same max load capacity (which in any case is easily exceeded under normal usage, with no harm done to either).

BTW - CPE2's can easily handle 4X5(up to 12 per run) , and even 8X10 (up to 2 per run).

Interesting....how does one process 8x10 film on the CPE2? What tankis used. The CP2 is much smaller and usually less expensive than a CPP2. If one can process 8x10 on the CPE2, what are the advantages to using the CPP2-the expert tanks? Thanks for the information.

I forgot to ask...did I understand your comments about the load capacity and the CPE/CPE2 processors correctly? One can routinely exceed the max load capability without any problems?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, the max load stated by Jobo is 600ml. If you run a multitank 6 with 8 X 120 rolls, you have to have about 800ml of liquid in the drum.
    Years of use make it safe to say this is fine. If anything, it may shorten the life of the motor, byt such and such %, but if you think about it, if you run 4 rolls, in two runs, you are using the motor X2 the time, albeit with less load. So at the end of the day it does not make a huge difference. The electric motors are easy to replace, and if you feel like it, they can be rebuilt.

As someone mentioned here a few weeks ago, the CPE2+ motor is a generic bosch motor (so is the CPE2) that is readily available for under 30$ on ebay. (the CPE2 motor is less common but still easy enough to find, new ones are expensive).

The bottom line is that users exceed the max load routinely as it is much more productive, and though i do not have a statistic about the life expectancy of the motors i doubt you will find a major difference.

Expert drums can only be used on the larger machines. This one of the advantages of using the larger machines. Another is the ability to use large print drums (2850, 3063 and so on).
    Yet another reason to get the larger machines, is the ability to run larger capacities per run as you can load longer tanks (double or more the motor load capacity then CPE2).

To do 8X10 in CPE2 you can use 2830/2560/multitank 6 (all are the same) drum with the chemical beaker light trap baffle (not the funnel) for up to 2 sheets per run (with as little as 200ml), or 2550 for 1 sheets at a time.

Great information...thanks.

I have always been careful to limit the load on the expert tanks and the CPP2 to about 500-600cc. Can one go as high as 3 sheets in the expert drums-about 750cc-without any long term problems?

Do you have any information about how the new CPP3 machines will differ ( other than an enclosed timer ) from the CPP2 machines with the later serial numbers? Will the motor be "stronger", the control knobs more long lived, etc. etc.?

Will you be the US dealer for the CPP3 machines? If so,welcomed reassurance for those of us who use Jobo products!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You and any other Jobo user should be reassured that i can supply any and all parts and or service for ANY jobo machine out there, right now regardless of Jobo's projected new processor.
    As far as i know the new machine will have the same or similar motor as last revision CPP2 (same as the larger ATL motors), and slightly more sophisticated electronics, removing some of the mechanic part failures all Jobo machines to date suffer from.
    This includes a flat panel soft touch button instead of the short life knobs, however since the final machine design has not yet been formally released, you know pretty much as much as I or anyone else knows.

The CPP2\CPA2 have a maximum safe load capacity of 1000ml. There is no reason to load an expert tank to capacity, unless you use some process that requires a very large amount of chemicals in the drum. Always trust that the drums were designed to work with the machines, and they do not have 5 or 6 or 10 film slots by chance.

BTW, upgrade kits for CPP2 are available (though not cheap).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow lots of information obtained, thanks for all the post. Im only looking to do 120/220 at the moment and 4x5 later this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin