Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,691   Online: 1174

Shooter
    35mm

WTB: Cambo SCX Short Rail

Time to stop selling stuff and start trying to get my LF kit where I want it.

I'm looking for a short rail for my Cambo SCX. This camera is very modular and I'd like to have the option of taking it out with an 8" or so rail, along with a 90mm lens, bag bellows, and recessed board, to keep the weight down. I have found that when I'm working outdoors I don't use anywhere near the ~20" extension the camera is capable of.

The SCX does not use the same rail as other Cambo/Calumet cameras like the SC; those are square while this one is something of an h-shape in cross-section, and this one is geared. I am not sure what accessories were available for this camera, or even what length rails were available. Mine came with the standard 20" rail; I am reluctant to cut it down as I would then not be able to use a long lens (I have access to a 420mm) and I can't think of any way to make such a modification reversible.

Anyway, if anybody has one they'd like to part with, please let me know. Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a Cambo LM-42 16.5" extension rail available if this is the type you are seeking. It is the one with the wheel on one end and screw on the other end in the pictures below. I think it fits the current Legend and Ultima line. It is very heavy duty. There are no gears on it and it is more of an X shape so it probably isn't the one you want, but I know it is not for the SC models that take the square rail.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The SCX has a rail of it's own.I'll have a look and see what I have laying around. I did the exact thing.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    I have a Cambo LM-42 16.5" extension rail available if this is the type you are seeking. It is the one with the wheel on one end and screw on the other end in the pictures below. I think it fits the current Legend and Ultima line. It is very heavy duty. There are no gears on it and it is more of an X shape so it probably isn't the one you want, but I know it is not for the SC models that take the square rail.
    No, that's not quite the same rail. Thanks, though. I will post some pictures myself later on today if I get a chance.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The SCX rail has an angled gear rack machined into the upper surface that engages the driver gears in the trucks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin