Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,846   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTB: EASEL, 4 BLADES, 16x20 or 20x24 (USA)

Hi everyone. I'm in desperate need of a bigger easel...I would like to get either a 16x20" or 20x24" four bladed easel, but unfortunately as an art student at college, I can't afford to pay the 3-500 dollar asking prices on ebay or bh/adorama. Any brand, be it Saunders (preferable), Beseler, or Kostiner would be fine, as long as the easel is in decent shape and has good blades. Also, the closer to Upstate New York, the better, as it would be possible for me to pick the easel up or to reduce shipping costs that way.

Let me know if you have an extra sitting around that you would be willing to let go for around 150-175 plus shipping.

Thank you!

Chris
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris:

I too would like to have a 4 bladed 16 x 20 easel, but have found that the 2 bladed 16 x 20 easels work better than their smaller, 2 bladed cousins.

So if you find a 2 bladed 16 x 20 easel at a good price, it will probably give reasonable service until a 4 bladed one comes along.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Images
    Chris

I have a 20x20 Kostiner that I haven't used in a while. Not using it as all because the new house does not have space for a darkroom.

It has the standard 1" wide blades that I found a little narrow for an easel this large. You can research this easel and see if this will suit you. I'll take $175 plus shipping. I need to pull it out and clean it up and see if I can figure out how to box it and what the shipping cost is.

Brian, Albuquerque, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still Have that easel? I live in Rio Rancho

ToddB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a pretty decent four bladed easel around here someplace. I think it is a 16x20 Saunders....I switched to the fixed size speed easels some years ago and haven't used the fancy one in a long time. Drop me a PM if interested.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Still Have that easel? I live in Rio Rancho

ToddB
    Todd

Still have the easel. PM me if you're interested.

Brian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Chris,
    Glenn Hohnstreiter in Albuquerque has one to sell as well. gfhohns@comcast.net
    Might check him out as large easels are easily damaged unless really packed well.
    Rod

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Question - Sorry off topic. I have 2 4-blade easels and I have noticed that the end of the blade is not square with the end. One is almost off by 1/4". Both are Beseler easels on is a 16x20 and the other is a 20x24. I just had those blades replaced on the 16x20. Anyone else experience this issue with larger easels and if so what do you do to fix them?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    oh sorry - they are not for sale.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have 3: 20x 24 and 2:: 16 x 20 Saunders easels . Used some in better contact. Than others. Willing to sell . Pm for details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin