Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,834   Online: 849

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That 70mm reel is certainly unusual, I had no idea that they made such a beast. What is the outside diameter, does it need to go in the larger 4-1/4" diameter tanks?

I have a couple of the 116/616 reels, which fit in a Q15 to Q18 tank. They show up on eBay several times a year.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Shriver View Post
    That 70mm reel is certainly unusual, I had no idea that they made such a beast. What is the outside diameter, does it need to go in the larger 4-1/4" diameter tanks?

I have a couple of the 116/616 reels, which fit in a Q15 to Q18 tank. They show up on eBay several times a year.
    No, this is closer to 7" in diameter! (Though as you can see, a maddening 1mm or so too small for the Hewes reel to fit in...)

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Thank you very much for offers Duncan & Johnielvis!!
    I was able to find one Nikor 70mm reel locally. More than 30 years old/new stock. I don't think that I will go for full set up here for processing (don't we all wish the same, all the time??) so with addition of one tupperware container I will be ready for 70mm film processing in the dark. This reel is 4 1/4" wide.
    Attachment 53650
    Well, the earlier (I think) Nikor system included 4.5" tanks, so that's what you need. Those are most often seen these days with the 4x5"-and-smaller cut sheet reel, but they had larger versions of 35mm and 120 reels for them too, and tanks of all sorts of heights to go along with them. Even deeper in storage, somewhere, I bet I have a 4.5" tank that would hold that reel (and is too small for the 4x5 reel, so not worth its weight in gold like that one is!)

Duncan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin